How's your offseason going?

CherokeeChief

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is 800TrackMom's Daughter. My offseason is going alright. We have just been preparing for our first meet next Sunday for indoor at TSU. I run the 800 and haven't even got to practice one yet all I do is sprints inside since it's so cold. We've been getting pretty crazy with the weight room though. I guess you could say the weight room has got kind of beastly workouts take forever. The running though is just inside doing suicides and stuff like that. I get a workout but I'm not sure my 800 will be at the time I would like it to be. Oh by the way one day me and a friend were going to run a 5 mile and it started snowing, barely but it was snowing!!

Fantastic. This board is still alive, I guess. I'm glad you're getting to run, even if you are running inside (sounds like in the gym). We ran in the snow, and the day before on our 10 miler it had just begun. Maybe it will snow some more this week. At least we didn't have to do our hard Saturday run in the snow. What are you shooting for in the 800? Hope you get it.

Hmmm... Well I am aiming for a 2:20 but right now I can tell you I am not close. Hopefully by Best Of Preps I will be but otherwise I just want to win my races. Last year I was fighting off tendonitis in both of my knees, but so far this year I seem to be in good health(knock on wood) but we will just have to see this weekend I guess with my first race at TSU.

Oh, a bunch of our runners will be at Vol Indoor. It's a good meet, but a bit slow. Hope to see you there. We should have some pretty good 800 girls there. Some of our guys are going to the USATF National Cross Country Championship in Indianapolis on February 7th. That ought to be fun, and we'll get dusted by many (college freshman and high school phenoms), but we'll get better by going I think. Happy running.

This is Mom again. She will be at VOLS classic although she may not be happy. Valentine's dance will be the same day, and her events will be ran late. She plans to run her races and then race back to the dance. She may run some hurdles at the classic. Bradley is blessed with more distance runners than sprinters, so there may be some times she may have to run the sprints. As Coach told her, any running event was open to her as the need arose. She'll do some field events too, especially those to get ready for pentathalon. She missed that last year because she just couldn't hurdle, but she has a her confidence back again in hurdling. She had a nasty fall two years ago in 100 meter hurdles but came back in 200 (AAU runs those at her age) and qualified for the Jr. Olympics. She also qualified in pentathalon that year. She is excited about running again, now that it doesn't hurt all the time. I do hate how the events line up because she would really love to run the 800, 400, and 300 hurdles. She said she saw you and a lot of your guys at the New Year's Eve run. So I know your guys are running.

I would really like to see the kids from our area do well this year. Not just Bradley or McMinn or Brainerd, but all of them. Some kids have the talent but not the work ethic, some have the work ethic but not as much talent. And a few have both. Those are the one's who go far. Best of luck in the coming season and tell everyone to stay healthy

• 5 weeks later...

Here are my work outs good for 100-400

2 warm up laps

stretch

agilities

100 5x200 25-26 for 22.0-23.0 runners/27-30 for 24.0-27.0 runners

200 1 mile jog

300 5x100 13-14 for 10.6-11.5 runners/15-18 for 12.0-14 runners

400 1 mile jog

800 jog

stretch

10x60 meters out of blocks full speed