College Heights

TheBigRedDog

they are a team who for the last couple years have been traveling around playing teams in the nation and they recruited some good players from Hunters Lane..etc. Now they are playing tssaa teams and their going to be playin in DII next year. They have some good athletes and I believe two or three of their guys are being looked at by D1 teams.

Sounds like they might be pretty serious. They have to 17 point wins over CPA and some other good A and AA teams. I look forward to seeing how they do in TSSAA competition. I don't think their football team(JV?) isn't much to look at. I remember watching this hoss dude rush on them for like 120 yards and 2 touchdowns a couple years back. Of course, that has nothing to do with basketball.

They are in private Christian school in Gallatin but have not been "travelling around the nation". The kids that they "recruited" from Hunters Lane never played a single second of varsity basketball for them. The kids they have actually wanted to go to CH beleive it or not and most all of them have been at CH for years.

As far as college prospects - they really only have one D1- a mid/major that is playing his very first year of organized basketball. He is a Jr. They have a Sr. that came to CH after his 10th grade year that may make it at NAIA level. Other than that there are no other legit college prospects.

They start 2 10th graders that played JV at CH last year, 1 Jr. and 2 Sr's and as stated before the Jr. is playinh his first year of organized ball. If that qualifies them as a all-star team then I guess they are. They are 10-7. Their 7 losses are to:

DCA -3 in OT

Our Savior, NY -16

Central Park, AL -11

BGA -12

Goodpasture -12

Goodpasture -3

Temple -4 2OT

I guess their quality wins would be:

CPA +17

CPA +17

Oak Hill Red +8

Ezell +12

They are overrated by the teams they beat because it makes them feel better. Instead of just saying "we got outplayed", you here things like, "they are nothing but a bunch of athletes". They have games coming up against CPA (3rd time), BGA, DCA, Mont.Bell, PJP2 and Ezell. Hope this helps.

FCPress