NCS vs McEwen

Big48Eagle

Last year NCS lost at McEwen in a close game after which some McEwen "people" egged the NCS bus. At NCS Mcewen walked out with a W after a double OT thriller. Again at the district tourney for the championship, NCS missed the first 2 of 3 possible free throws to win (2 would have tied).

I say all this to show that last year an intense rivalry developed as both teams had a good season and although every game was good, McEwen found a way to win them all. Now this year without some of last year's key players, McEwen will visit at NCS and attempt to win their 4th straight (probably more than that) against NCS. To anyone who can this is going to be a great game filled with emotions and i would recommend it a must see for anyone in the area. Good luck to both teams and hopefully this time around NCS can do it like they have been this year and win yet another big game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say good luck to Mcewen boys and girls tonight. You know the girls can definitly count on a win. Boys, you all got it in the bag, dont worry! Good luck and dont let anyone push you around. This should be a great game and i will definitly be there cheering on McEwen. ;) (Hopefully nobody will get cussed out or spit on this year)

Well Puckett only had 17 so i would say that the "freshman that never plays" did a pretty good job. McEwen as always had a great game plan and although NCS was more than likely the favorite, they pulled it out again for the 4th time including last year. My comparison here almost seems like the Titans and the Ravens. Hopefully the guys can get past this "mental block" and show McEwen they can beat them when the 2 teams meet again on Feb. 3. More than likely at that time J. Anderson will be back and NCS will match up better and give McEwen one more serious player to worry about. As far as the fight afterwards goes, the McEwen parents and players were sitting around Jarett and jabbering at him the WHOLE game. After it was over #33, Bubba, made a gesture toward Jarett and he replied with a simple "next game." Somehow that was offensive so the guy went nuts and had to be restrained by his players. It wasn't a big deal at all so i don't see why everyone wants to make it out to be some sort of fight or something. I see these teams meeting again after the Feb. 3 matchup in disctrict, and possibly even region (hard to say considering the strength of 9A this year). NCS hosts Houston Co. Friday night for their next game. Again great game to McEwen and i look forward to the next one, should be interesting to say the least.