Westview/Obion Central Thriller

ParisRiverRat

What a game plan by the Obion Central team tonite. I'm glad that happened tonite instead of one of the later meetings. I think that the game plan caught Westview totally off guard and worked for 3 quarters of play. Westview was lucky to get out with a win, and will be even luckier if it happens the next time.

I'm feeling kinda sick again....where are the puke bags???

Obion Central has definately improved over the last month and will be a terror come tournament time...I dread it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They held the ball and were up 8 at the half and as many as 10-12 in the 3rd quarter. The Wizard went into his bag of tricks and came out with 3 freshman (very quick) on defense and trapped everything.....starting subbing offense for defense early in the 3rd quarter and played a wild game the 2nd half.

Were off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz......excuse me, WESTVIEW :D

well, tonight was a good game, but kind of scary at first :D ....it seems to me that obion has improved a bit since last time, at least in ball control....they didn't have near as many turnovers as last game....i think the "work the ball around for a few minutes then shoot" game plan kind of caught westview unawares, but the wizard fixed things during the half....btw wescharge, i thought OC only scored 4 or 5 points in the third, but i could be wrong :o

i don't know about the puke bags, wescharge, but i sure could have used some AC tonight!

Well....since I was so positive in my other post, I will be negative for just one comment. I have heard of holding the ball in the 4th quarter when you are ahead, but Never, and I mean Never, have I heard of holding the ball from the 3 minute mark to the 1 minute mark and down by 3 points. If it had been 1 point or maybe 2 points, I MIGHT have seen the point, but not when the best scenario is to tie the game. Rebfan65...you pushed me to be negative, so there it is... ;)

As for world peace....they've been fightin in places for thousands of years, I doubt not talking about OC will change it.... ;)

I seldom like to complain, unless you listen to my wife, but concerning the Westview & OC game the halftime score and outcome was greatly affected by the men in strips. First half all against Westview and second half all against OC. Maybe next time it will be determined by the girls. OC had a good game plan, but when the Wizard picked up that "T" in the first half, the game was on.