Pickett Co 46 York 52

falvo2

Keeping Brandi at a guard is not the only reason why we lose or why we barely beat people we should beat by maybe more. I can't believe you think that playing Brandi as a guard will prevent us from going out of the district. You're kidding, right? Brandi is tall enough to be a post player. No denying her height. However, we have other post players, and we need Brandi's great skill at a guard right now. After losing Sarah Pierce (who's coming back) and Samantha Potter, we need help in the guard area, and Brandi provides that help excellently. The reasons we're not "competetive" is because of ourselves and our attitudes, not by playing Brandi as a guard.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping Brandi at a guard is not the reason why we lose or why we barely beat people we should beat by maybe more. I can't believe you think that playing Brandi as a guard will prevent us from going out of the district. You're kidding, right? Brandi is tall enough to be a post player. No denying her height. However, we have other post players, and we need Brandi's great skill at a guard right now. After losing Sarah Pierce (who's coming back) and Samantha Potter, we need help in the guard area, and Brandi provides that help excellently. The reasons we're not "competetive" is because of ourselves and our attitudes, not by playing Brandi as a guard.

You're, as nearly always, right. ;) Brandi is a guard in a post players body. B) With her shooting touch, she is most useful a little outside. ;) There she can see the floor, pass or shoot to the best effect. ;)

Edited by jimbo44

LoL this is cracking me up. Well first of all Coach doesn't care what the people in the stands think....if they think Brown should post up, well good for them, but they ain't the coach.

Secondly putting Brown on the wing is the best way to get your best shooter open. It's way too easy for them to double team or triple team her down low. If you don't think York will make it out of district you are crazy. The only teams in the district that can beat them are Livingston, Jackson County, and Upperman.

Would you prefer for them too put Herren or Qualls at the wing? Is that your logic here? Because if it is, it doesn't make much sense.....just remember it's about getting your best players open, no matter what size they are.

And I understand where you are comming from. In 7A any player over 5'10 is a post. But remember this is 7AA we're talking about, not 7A.

Edited by fbt14

She does not have a good three point shooting percentage.

Well, just so you know, Brown is shooting 44.6% from the 3 point line for the season. I'm really sorry, because you were correct, and I was wrong.....she doesn't have a good 3 point percentage. She has a GREAT one. Those stats are correct too, they came from somebody at the very top of the program.

I'd like to do a little comparision for you though. Diana Taurasi is listed as 6'0. Brandi Brown is listed at 6'1. They both play guard. Diana Taurasi shoots 43.1% from the three point line. Like I said earlier Brown shoots 44.6%. I guess this means Taurasi is a bad 3 point shooter too. Gee whiz, and most people think she's at least a decent shooter...... ;)

If you're still not convinced? You don't know much about basketball ........ :ph34r:

Edited by fbt14

I agree with Ross55 they have got to put Brandi Brown down low and let her do her moves. She is an awesome player and there isn't anyone who can guard her with her quickness. Also no one is going to block her so whats the problem. If she is open outside for a 3 let her take it. With Yorks talent they should be number 1 in the district. Something that Jackson Co. has that York will not get in a while is a good coach. They got the coach there but its when Coach Winningham quits and lets Coach Storie in.

I have to agree with ross 55 on this one, brown would be a better post than a guard. Even when York was rich in guard , before injuries, she still played outside. I hate to call someone a liar, but that stat is not correct...if that is what someone told you, then they lied or they been beefing her stats. I have watched her almost every game this year, and she shot like 3 at woodbury and missed them all.

Why do you all argue about this anyway and come up with bogus stats to try to prove your point. If she shot that good she would take a lot more from out there- it is just hilarious that you think that's correct!. Brown is a phenom, anyone who has seen her on a usual night knows it, but york is gonna be a dissapointment again this year. They haven't shown anyone anything different from the past 10 years and they have alot more talent than some of those teams. My prediction: they will be in the consolation game of the tounament against Upperman and loose. Then they will get to play a #1 seed out of the other district and they might pull an upset then they will go home at the hands of Livingston or Jackson County as usual. Don't make travel plans to Murfreesboro if they continue playing brown outside and if they continue playing like they are.

Regardless of my opinion, I wish them the best and will continue going to their games. I hope Brown goes somewhere someday with her talent and I am not usually this mean. I think alot of people would liek to see changes.

I've seen Brown play EVERY game this year and I happen to know what I'm talking about. Those stats are not beefed up. I got them from the coach. And then I looked in the books myself. I didn't make a mistake either. I'm pretty smart actually. If you'd like I'll bring you the books and you can see for yourself, but please don't call me a liar and say I made up bogus stats just because you've seen Brown play a few games.

You said she shot 3 at Woodbury and missed them all? Who hasn't played a game and missed 3 shots?

Why is everyone so hard on this team anyway? They have an 13-3 record and they start 4 sophomores. How many other teams in the state that are this young, and have this many injuries have an 13-3 record? Please tell me because I'd love to know.

A 13-3 record isn't bad anyway. Since you are bad with numbers let me try to put this into terms that you can understand. They are winning a little over 81% of their games.

If Brandi does go on to play big time ball like you say you hope she does, what position do you think she'll be playing? Not down low, I can assure you that. I just hope that next year, and the year after that when York has 2 gold balls that the guru's will shut up......

Edited by fbt14

The way I saw the PCHS vs YORK game was like this -they need to play as a TEAM. As the old saying goes their is no I in team. There was several times when certain players were unguarded for open shots and certain players went for the wild shots or got it stolen trying to go to the corner or dribble around. Hey there is 4 other players out on that court . If I had been the coach of that game I would probably have put in my freshmen and made the upper classmen WANT to play as a team. I also agree that Brown should play in the post position but she handles the guard position well also, depending on the game. However, I am not the coach only a 7aa watcher. They need to step up or Livingston , Jackson and Upperman will clean their clocks for sure. As I said this is only my point of view I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by cowpoke

Thank you, fbt14, for your strong support. I don't understand why everyone is so hard on us and thinks we won't make it out of our district. Yes, we do need to learn to play like a team at times. The game against Pickett County was probably the worst game we've played all year. We got crazy and didn't handle their pressure anywhere near our capability. I still believe Brown should be a guard, though. When she plays as a post, she's always doubled and has a hard time getting her shot off or doing anything else, though she still can at times. She's more effective for us, right now, as a guard. I ask that all of you nay-sayers have a little faith in us. We're not completely out of the running yet. Don't count anyone out of anything until they're really out.