Preseasn Polls

cobracoach

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we are going to have the polls out in February and are asking ALL coaches in middle Tennessee to vote and they cannot vote for themselves. Then several coaches will put in order who the coaches predicted for their district and they will also vote for the top 6 from their class. We are working on a web page and it should be up by the 1st of the month as well as putting it on coacht. We are also going to announce an All-Academic team from each class the only requirement is that you belong to the association to be able to vote for All-Academic, we are asking ALL coaches to take part. The players will have to have a 3.75average and must be a Jr. or Sr.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess that's why they play the games. I'm sure Soddy will have a chance to play all those teams in the different tournaments. 5th in the area would be totally unofficial since there's only one district team I have above them. I think Ooltewah is going to be pretty good and the other 3 have proven pitchers too.

I'm a new coach and trying to get through everything! The question is: Is it too late to join the organization. I hate that I am too late to enter my kids in the all-academic team and probably other things, but can you let me know where to send money and what information I need. I did not see this info on the website. Thanks!

Surley GPS will come in better than 8 out of 10. They do have Lillian Hampton's bat. That can change games right there. She is a true athlete! :D

Lillian Hammond and Carrie Broome are both proven leaders for the Bruisers. GPS is also blessed with an incredible coach. Susan Crownover is well liked and respected among her players and their families. The Bruisers are a young team with only two seniors this year. There is much talent in the sophomore and freshmen class. I expect GPS will surprise some folks this year. :lol:

Not midstate but it might go along with this thread, here are my early thoughts on 6-AA, not including Sequatchie..1-East Ridge 2-Marion 3-Hixson 4-Bledsoe 5-Arts and Sciences 6-Tyner 7-Grundy 8-Howard (if they have a team). For the area, 1-Baylor 2-Boyd-Buchanan 3-East Ridge 4-Ooltewah 5-Soddy-Daisy 6-Red Bank 7-Central 8-GPS 9-Walker Valley 10-Cleveland

I totally forgot about Cumberland County, if you're considering them as an area team then put them first.

Hammond is a great athlete, but she has always had a good cast of players around her. This will be the first team where she will be the "go to" person. She should be interesting to watch. If she handles this with the same amount of class she does everything else, she will probably the best female athlete in the city. The question remains: can she handle the pressure?