Preseasn Polls

cobracoach

On the Yankettes team there are a lot of go-to people. Back to my original statement, she has always had good players around her, but now it is her turn to take charge. Lil is probably GPS's best player, but she is surrounded by young teammates. If the Yankeetes had any problems, they never had a player that was a team motivator.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian-

I agree with your preseason Chattown area predictions. I think Boyd and Baylor will battle for being the top team in the city this year. I noticed that you listed Red Bank in your top 10...are they going to be good again? I don't think they have had any great teams since the early to mid 90's. Sounds like AAA will be a warzone in Chattanooga this year...especially when you throw in Cumberland...there will be some fine teams who don't make it out of region. Do you know how any of the single A softball teams will be? How is Whitwell looking? Sale Creek had some good seasons the last couple of years. Did they lose that pitching? I believe that Grace lost the Walker girl who pitched for them the last few years...they might be down a little. Once again single A will be Boyd's to lose I figure.

Indian-

I agree with your preseason Chattown area predictions. I think Boyd and Baylor will battle for being the top team in the city this year. I noticed that you listed Red Bank in your top 10...are they going to be good again? I don't think they have had any great teams since the early to mid 90's. Sounds like AAA will be a warzone in Chattanooga this year...especially when you throw in Cumberland...there will be some fine teams who don't make it out of region. Do you know how any of the single A softball teams will be? How is Whitwell looking? Sale Creek had some good seasons the last couple of years. Did they lose that pitching? I believe that Grace lost the Walker girl who pitched for them the last few years...they might be down a little. Once again single A will be Boyd's to lose I figure.

Whitwell is having some problems, the way I understand it, hopefully for them they can work things out before the season starts..Sale Creek graduated their senior pitcher and their best hitter. The Ball girl did okay pitching in some games I saw last summer I would guess she will be their pitcher most of the time.

A lot of people must check out these boards..about an hour after I wrote that about Sale Creek I was told Ball isn't going to pitch and might not even be playing at all. If that's true it would be a loss for Sale Creek, she's not a bad leadoff type hitter and she pitches. And I don't think I am releasing any secret information as anyone could see if she is on the team or not in their first scrimmage.

Area top 25-this includes Cumberland and Sweetwater, pretty much in the area.

1-Cumberland County

2-Baylor

3-Boyd-Buchanan

4-East Ridge

5-Ooltewah

6-Soddy-Daisy

7-GPS

8-Red Bank

9-Chattanooga Central

10-Cleveland

11-Walker Valley

12-Sweetwater

13-Bradley Central

14-Notre Dame

15-Grace

16-Chattanooga Christian

17-Hixson

18-Whitwell

19-Sequatchie County

20-Marion County

21-Lookout Valley

22-Sale Creek

23-Bledsoe County

24-McMinn County

25-Tyner

No offense, but Sale Creek lost to my sister's 14U(they were all 13 at the time) team last year(Austin Eagles Blue).But, my sisters team got 5th at nationals. The point is, that SC cant be that great if they lose to 14U teams.

An all-star team should usually beat a high school team, even if the high school team is older, as long as the all-star team is working well together. Did Sale Creek have everybody or just players that will be back this year?