Father Ryan at Brentwood Academy

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well the game is over, the dust has settled, and the gym is quiet. Brentwood Academy prevailed Friday night (barely) 42-38. It was an incredible game with a lot of exciting action. J. Virgo and D. Heim stepped up big for the irish again. Both teams played a good game. I advice everybody to come to the rematch at the Father Ryan gym come February.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ryan will be down in the 4th but will come back and win by 4

Irishballer...that was very good prediction. Only missed it by one word! Substitute "lose" for "win", and you had it exactly right.

I thought Ryan played about as well as they could...great gameplan. BA played down to the level of competition again. They need to stop that trend, or they'll be in serious trouble.

Edited by itzme

everyone who said by 25-40 nice......too bad yall were way off brandon wright got schooled by virgo and sure he had about 5 blocks but hes a monster and u cant help that but tyler smith did not score that easily against wright i told yall it would be a close game....and there is a rematch at ryan the 1st time we played them at ryan was in a tournament and we will play them again in regionals so look for at least 2 more games between us......d heim is bad baby he is my boy whoever said we didnt have any threats was wrong he scored whenever we needed a big shot....i am really pumped up for my irish and i can not wait till this tuesday to see what BGA has got it should be a good game and i hope everyone relizes ryan is not out

IB:

You say -

"i told yall it would be a close game"

Actually, you said Ryan would win. You were wrong. Display some of that vaunted Irish humility, maturity and perspective and admit it. Your team is 5-10. Humility should come easy at this point.

Edited by itzme

last time i checked 4 points is a close game and i said if we lost by under 10 i would be very happy they were suppose to win by probably 20+ and they did not thats whats important the irish held there own an almost got a win that timeout at the end of the game was a joke the guy was rolling on the floor and the ref gave him the timeout when half his body was out of bounds so he walked and went out of bounds and then the ref gave him the timeout i guess ba isnt as invincible as everyone thought i am really proud of my boys and thought they played great

last time i checked 4 points is a close game and i said if we lost by under 10 i would be very happy they were suppose to win by probably 20+ and they did not thats whats important the irish held there own an almost got a win that timeout at the end of the game was a joke the guy was rolling on the floor and the ref gave him the timeout when half his body was out of bounds so he walked and went out of bounds and then the ref gave him the timeout i guess ba isnt as invincible as everyone thought i am really proud of my boys and thought they played great

Congrats on your moral victory...you're team is kinda the Vandy of DII.

The timeout call...you must have had a better view from the exact opposite end of the floor than the ref did who was right on top of it.

A win's a win, I guess. I was a little frustrated when I heard the score this morning, but congrats to the Eagles on pulling it out. Sounds like Ryan did a nice job making it close at the end...they are to be commended for their scrappiness. I can't wait to see how far this Brentwood Academy team goes if it plays like it knows how to play.