Lewis Co. 40, Wayne Co. 39

PageMan

Wayne Co....14...10....0....15.....39

Lewis Co......11....4....13...12.....40

Lewis Co. 40 - Jeff Sparkman 17, Luke Curfman 7, Adam Melton 7, Michael Creasy 5, Dustin Colberson 2, Nathaniel Sublett 2

Wayne Co. 39 - Lance Nutt 11, Tyler York 9, Justin Bryant 8, J.D. Byrd 8, Joseph Ruddle 3

Three Point Goals:

Lewis Co. 2 (Melton, Creasy)

Wayne Co. 8 (York 3, Bryant 2, Byrd 2, Nutt)

Team Free Throws:

Lewis Co. 2 of 5 (40.0%)

Wayne Co. 1 of 2 (50.0%)

Team Fouls: Lewis Co. 10, Wayne Co. 10

Team Turnovers: Lewis Co. 5, Wayne Co. 12

Wayne Co. led after the 1st qtr., 14-11 as York hit 3 three's and Nutt hit a three while Lewis Co.'s Sparkman had 6 and Creasy had 5 (1 three). In the 2nd qtr., Wayne Co. was led by Nutt with 4 and three's by Bryant & Byrd while Lewis could manage only 4 as Wayne Co. led a the half, 24-14. In the 3rd qtr., Wayne didn't score as Lewis gets 13 with Melton getting 7 (1 three) and Sparkman added 6 - Lewis now leads 28-24. In the 4th qtr., Lewis' Curfman finally got on the board with 7 and Sparkman added 5 as Wayne's Bryant had 5 (1 three). In the final minute of the game, with the score tied 38-38, Wayne Co. ran the clock down to 11 sec. as Ruddle was fouled but could only make 1 of 2. Lewis got the rebound, passed the ball down the court where Curfman made the pass to Sparkman for the jumper that won the game as time expired. Lewis wins the thriller, 40-39

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis Co. just had our number this year. We outscored them every quarter with the exception of our horendous zero point third quarter performance. I was surprised at the low scoring game between two relatively high scoring teams. Last year the last second shot went our way in Lewis Co.'s gym, I guess it was their turn. Wayne Co begins a string of district matchups tonight at home against Zion. Lets forget last nights heartbreaker and focus on the hunt for the district title.

Sorry I didn't get to speak to you goldenboy. I saw you there, but after the girls' game, I had missed a point (Courtney Sheet's three which I scored as a two), and I was concerned about the condition of Mallory Clayton so I got a little busy between games. Jeff Sparkman had a great night that helped overcome Luke Curfman's cold shooting until the final qtr. where he finally got on track. Good luck Lewis Co. against Creek Wood tonight. Sorry I won't be there to support the Panthers again, but I'll be down in Pulaski watching Loretto & Giles Co. I'll say hello to that certain Lady Mustang if I get a chance for you, goldenboy.

goldenboy did you notice that one girl from lewis county sitting with those girls behind us last night and cheering for wayne county. I don' know her name but she had a lewis county baskeball hoodie on so she obviosly has some connections to our basketball. I thought about sayin somethin to her but the girls she was sitting with were hot so i passed. Does coacht helton have a daughter?