Milan at Camden

ProudFan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Bain is overrated. HaHa. He deserved it last year and again this year. True he isnt surrounded by the same type players Milan and Lexington has. But you also have to look at most teams know he is the main gun at Camden and trey to stop him. and you see what happens. Bain for MVP.

Edited by utm_bball

Smith goes so unnoticed most of the time. He is not flashy. He gets simple rebounds, plays tough interior D, and gets offensive rebounds and putbacks, gets his 3's the old fashion way. I really like the way he goes about his business. that is why he is successful and no one realizes it. He is so smooth he goes unnoticed. Ask the opposing coaches, his name does come up as a big concern. He along with others mentioned will be on the all-district team.

Some will disagree, but in my opinion, had Milan had Rod last year during the tournaments Milan would have been in the state tournament. He makes a difference

I agree, Bain is overrated. He scores alot but like you said, with no supporting teammates, he's going to stand out. If he were the true MVP, he would carry his team on his back and win against team's like Lexington and Milan. That hasn't happened...yet. In order for Bain to get MVP, he's gonna have to step up. He hasn't shown yet that he deserves it. In order for the Lions to win, they're gonna have to have limited turnovers, set good picks to get open, and be patient. Good luck to both teams.

I think that Camden needs a spark in their starting rotation. From what I have seen that spark will probably have to come from the 2 guard (the only spot coach martin subs for) and I thought that Chandler was that but he did nothing against Lexington, so he does not seem to be the answer. Maybe Coach M needs to try other options like no. 12 I have no idea what is name is but he seems to have good dribbling and against Waverly he had a nice shot. Maybe he is the answer but I am not sure. All I know is that Camden looks like a good team at times, but sometimes they kill themselves Bain had 7 turnovers against Lexington and their was so many other players with multiple TOs Camden beat themselves Friday they played horrible and the game was still close. So right now i am picking Milan but if Camden finds their spark than they should win easily.

I keep thinking that CHS is going to get it all together one game & really play up to potential. We seem to give the other team the boards the majority of the time...

One time, luv 2 C: Harris dump in about 16 from the point, Bain & Reed really take over inside & total about 30+, French go nuts outside and get 3-happy, Chandler & Boyd team for about 20, THAT would be fun to watch...

We dropped the first one at Milan 55-51 with Reed going nuts in the third for 11 & finishing with 21. French was on with the trey and had 14, but Milan had a plan (Smith?) to stop Bain & it worked, 5 points for the night.

Hope that the Lions show up at home with a plan to win a big one in the District!

GO LIONS!

I think Camden has a lot of talent on their team. True, it hasn't all come together yet. And, I don't have the answer for it either. I know it seems that we should be doing better than what we are, wins vs. losses. I don't think that we are capitalizing

on Bain and Reeds talent and size. Maybe if we would play more to their strengths, work them more inside and feed the ball to them from our smaller, quicker players, that we could be more successful. Don't know, just a thought.

And, as far as a player not having a great game as far as points goes, good players are going to have that to happen every once in a while. Sometimes the ball just won't go in for them, or they may be guarded heavily. I've seen players not put up a lot of points, but play an awesome defensive game. And when they have a game like that, that's when the other players have to pick up their game. That is why it's a team sport.

I hope the team and coach comes out tomorrow night fired up for their game against Milan. Milan is a good team, but with a great team effort, we can win!

GO LIONS!!!!! <_<

B-ball........I dont care how good Camden plays....Just if they happened to win i can gurantee you it wouldnt be easy but i would put money on the Dawgs. And if they keep playing like they have then I would say Milan by at least 20. If the 2nd team plays there D like they can then they will wear down Camden and the 1st team will come and put it away.

Thanks, SLS. Who ever it was, they turned up the defensive heat!

I think Milan has to be favored. Won at their house & have had big wins since. Glad to see Milan beat some teams on the other side of the region! There were a lot of folks that were talking trash about how weak 11AA was, & I think it may have sent one over the bow...

Either way, I hope for a good game!

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com