Farragut vs. Bearden

Doc Phil

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could fit in here too. Don't be so hard on Jmo, he's a learner...but I could honestly see Gipper (haha) saying that, its not entirely his fault that he does not get subbed for. Yes he could occasionally ask for a rest but he would be out a total of a minute then Dodgen would put him back in. Is there like a "Subbing For Dummies" book we could buy for Dodgen; I think he could use the help.

Back to Farragut-Bearden, Bearden does have that team rotation in and out and with players on Farragut getting tired in the fourth quarter, I'm starting to worry a little bit. It will be a very good game, and if we don't come in with our heads screwed on correctly, our tshirts might say 04-The year Farragut almost dominated.

Farragut is on a downward spirial. Their best basketball is behind them this year. Bearden on the other hand is on the upswing. Look for them to continue their improvement through the tournament. If they had one more good post player they would be very good and have a chance to advance a long way in March. Even without they have enough for the Admirials. Bearden wins this one.

I don't know if Bearden will win this one or not. In the game at Farragut, Bearden was doing fine until Blevins did his mass subbing where he rotates all five players out. The only problem I see with Blevins subbing is that it could cool off one of the players who may be on early in the game. Most times, however, his substitution tactics work b/c Bearden has a pretty balanced team as far as positions (except for Holiday). But I thinkthat subs may predict the outcome in the game if Farragut has their heads on straight.