Science Hill-70 Dobyns-Bennett-60

Surf4life

Science Hill beat the Indians at the Topper Palace tonight. The Hill lead the whole game and was up 16 at one point. Jerome Odem scored 32. Science Hill played well tonight. The Topper Palace was packed as always. The crowd was awesome! SH's two freshman starters Reid and Wattad are really starting to step their game up. SH is a young team this year but tonight was a big game for them and shows they're only improving. DB played a good game. Both teams had too many turnovers. DB's Throp is a good player and without him I think the Indians would've been in big trouble.

Two many turnovers panther. Thats been the Indians problem all year. Besides Harrison & Throp, nobody else steps up on a regular bases. Jerome Odem for Science Hill was two hot to handle. He just killed DB. Williams let the Basketball team down just like he did the football team. Although he's not as good as last year, and getting worse. I wouldn't count DB out just yet though. No I didn't go to the game. I have my own sauna here at the house, and didn't figure I needed to drive all the way to Johnson City to sweat off 10 lbs.

Hey, it hasn't been a good year for DB basketball but some players have shined, and the future looks brighter than ever.

WaCo B) JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Undefeated is right! No one has even come close so far. This freshman bunch is the best I've ever seen at DB. Add 6'8" Ryan Powell whos playing varsity and this bunch will be hard to beat when they become juniors and seniors. Science Hill has a very good freshman team also. They have two freshman playing on varsity and one on junior varsity. DB freshman won over Science Hill Thursday night 79-35 after trailing at the end of the first Qtr. 14-8. I can see some sell out crouds coming, just like the old days.

Oh yeah, the freshman team has a player playing on two artificial legs. And this kid can play! When he's in he plays point guard. If you know anyone that thinks they have problems you should take them to see him play. He is very special.

Undefeated is right! No one has even come close so far. This freshman bunch is the best I've ever seen at DB. Add 6'8" Ryan Powell whos playing varsity and this bunch will be hard to beat when they become juniors and seniors.

waco

isn't the Powell kid's name - Reed? Rumour is his younger brother will be transfering from Colonial heights to Dobyns Bennett when he reaches 9th grade like his brother did. I've been told he may be better than his older brother. looks like Dobyns Bennett will be big for the next several years too.

Its my keyboard. I typed "Reed" and it came out "Ryan". I need a new one.

waCO ;) JAco

thanks Waco

i thought so. my keyboard seems to have grammar problems too.

is there a Dobyns Bennet thread? i had heard ther was another big kid that is playing on the freshman team that transfered in with the Powell kid. think he'll see varsity action soon too? maybe this is the bunch to compete again with the schools in middle TN and out west and give the northeast some respect from the pollsters, etc. i also read the article on the coacht homepage about small schools not getting looks from college recruiters. does Dobyns Bennet and Science Hill get there share of scouts visiting?

Science Hill and Dobyns Bennet are about the only Northeast Tennessee athletic programs that i had heard of when i lived in middle Tennessee.

Science Hill gets it's fair share of looks from big schools. I know Anthony Barcel and Tommy Schnell both made official visits to Vanderbilt last week. Barcel and Schnell both played on the football team, and Barcel is also on the basketball team. I was told Vanderbilt is recruiting them both and wants Barcel to play both football and basketball.