215s

voleagle

at the soddy tournament saturday, we saw some great 215 action. i was impressed with drew henderson and ben hazlett. they wrestled in quarterfinals, henderson won 3-2, and hazlett had a double in the air taking it to the mat when the 3rd ended. Hazlett fought back to beat Stanley Brooks 4-1. They decided to not wait the entire 45, so hazlett wrestled henderson again 15 min later. the final was 4-3, and since it was consolations the first was one minute. looked like hazlett would have had henderson on his back but again the period ended right when he finished it. hazlett made a mistake and got caught with locked hands which lost the match for him, but it was a great match both times. these guys could make a run at the finals and it will be exciting. a couple other exciting matches were cody cleveland getting pinned in semis, lane's final match, and kyle james looked dominate as always. great tournament. one of the toughest of the year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

215 is a very competitive class, I know this because I wrestled it last year as a freshman. Almost always you seem to get somebody that is right on the limit or close to it. I weighed 200 lbs. and was smaller than all of my opponnents. Despite my 3 years of wrestling experience at the time, the best record I could pull of for the season was 8-6. This year the bar seems to be raised even higher. 215 is a great class, i wish i could wrestle it this year, but natural growing, weightlfting, and the occasional extra cheeseburger has put me in no mans land, about 230.(Smaller than most of your really good heavyweights, and a little too far for 215 in the short time period that I had) At first tried to make it but I gave it a shot for the first couple matches, and i have gathered that 215 just may be one of THE TOUGHEST classes a high school wrestler could wrestle at, in Tennessee

215 is a very competitive class, I know this because I wrestled it last year as a freshman. Almost always you seem to get somebody that is right on the limit or close to it. I weighed 200 lbs. and was smaller than all of my opponnents. Despite my 3 years of wrestling experience at the time, the best record I could pull of for the season was 8-6. This year the bar seems to be raised even higher. 215 is a great class, i wish i could wrestle it this year, but natural growing, weightlfting, and the occasional extra cheeseburger has put me in no mans land, about 230.(Smaller than most of your really good heavyweights, and a little too far for 215 in the short time period that I had) At first tried to make it but I gave it a shot for the first couple matches, and i have gathered that 215 just may be one of THE TOUGHEST classes a high school wrestler could wrestle at, in Tennessee

215 is one of the easiest, i also wrestled 215 as a freshman last year, but weighed only 185(and did the same for half of this season) the smaller weights are the real intense tough classes(like 119-160) are the best. just dropping to 189 is a huge step up.the wrestlers are just as strong(for the most part) as 215 just not as fat, and have much better endurance and technique. and as far as you not being able to lose 15 lbs i lost 35 before this season to go 189.

Not trying to be rude but I only had about a week to drop 20 lbs. Some of us have other obligations, such as football, and i was in the playoffs when you were dropping your weight. Anyway good job droppin the weight, thats tough to push yourself to drop that much weight. You've worked on dropping your weight, now I suggest you work on not getting offensive when someone states an OPINION.

Well, Justin Saint has been wrestling a lot of these guys, so here's how they've done against him.

vs. Bailey (Bradley)-Saint wins 20-10

vs. Rouse (Rossview)-Saint wins 10-1

vs. Inman (Smyrna)-Saint wins by pin at 5:32

vs. Hansen (Ridgeway)-Saint wins 13-4

vs. Brooks (Dickson Co.)-Saint wins 9-2

Then you've got Inman over Henderson (Cleveland) 7-2.

Hayes (Overton) pinned Henderson at 4:19.

There are countless other scores, and I'd like to see some from those of you who know them. The way I see it, all these guys could win it. Hansen and Hayes aren't ranked, but either one could win. Also, Inman is up there. This could be totally up for grabs. I really hate to make any predictions. I'd say that the best conditioned wrestler will win this.