Catholic to good for unaka? you deside.

kchs1234

But from past experience i have had with Knox C. they played much better at home then away. At home they had a semi student section that could maybe help them in tight games. But when they traveled i dont think i saw more then 5 students at the game. And the fans that did come didnt really say much.

the few of us that cheer try to get the other students into the game but they are "too cool" for supporting the team. the only time they seem to cheer is when we play webb.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic knows how to deal with loud fans they like getting yelled at I thinkit gives them the edge that they dont normally have. We don't have the most attitude on our team but when the fans get rialed up our team plays great. We are for the most part a quiet team and I don't see what is wrong with that. Let the fans do the talking for you. Don't get me wrong some of our players have some pretty good mouths on them, and sometimes you do see the attitude of the players and no matter what the out come the "fans" are behind them all the way.

Whats up with the nickname thing, ? ? Stix ? Juice ? Sweet-n-Low ? Sauce ? Thats pretty good.... What about the coaches ? no nick names ? oh well ...... back to the game at hand. "Catholic too good for Unaka " ? Well..... they should be , a Private School? , Recruits,? Rich Kids that dont HAVE TO GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS , I'm not saying thats a bad thing , ITS GREAT , I wish our kids were so fortunate, BUT , there not. Think about it .... Unaka : 1A Public, County school.. Most of the kids have to ride a bus , just to get to school. BUT ..... Wait till you get to OUR HOUSE, Knox ....LOOK OUT ... These Guys HAVE , HEART , DETERMINATION , and The DRIVE to BE WINNERS !!!!! and Knox, LookOut , Because IT WILL NOT BE EASY TO BEAT THESE GUYS !!! GO RANGERS !!!!!

Hey Mountaindew1909,

You wrote: "Catholic too good for Unaka " ? Well..... they should be , a Private School? , Recruits,? Rich Kids that dont HAVE TO GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS"

1) I know the "too good" comment came from another post and it's baloney. Catholic is a good team and so is Unaka. It should be a great game. It's a shame the Irish don't get a chance to play in a gym like Unaka's every year. Unaka, Cloudland, and similar gyms are awesome and playing in tough places with great crowds is what basketball ought to be about, win or loose.

2) There is a huge difference between Catholic, which is a parochial (church) school and many of the "private" schools in D II. Catholic does not recruit athletes, has no athletic scholarships and, for the most part, has students from the same mix of families that make up public schools. Some are well-off, most are average and some are in need of help from their parishes with tuition. Catholic probably has a lot more in common, size-wise and economically, with DI A and AA schools than in its TSSAA division.

Sorry for the rant, but misunderstandings like this are part of the whole D I / D II (public v. private) debate and I personally think Catholic has a lot more in common with DI schools than with our usual DII competition. Anyway, it should be a great game and good luck to both teams ----especially the Irish.

Hey Mountaindew1909,

You wrote: "Catholic too good for Unaka " ? Well..... they should be , a Private School? , Recruits,? Rich Kids that dont HAVE TO GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS"

First off catholic doesnt recruit. So what if we are trying to get a good education, is it our faults our parents love us?

You did not just say that. Are you saying that kids that go to public schools because their parents don't love them? I think you might of just started some more of this Public Vs. Private hate.

You can't help someone that thinks they are a cut above the rest. There's nothing wrong with our public schools and there's nothing wrong if you want to attend a private school. I don't think those comments need to be made. Catholic has a very good team, as always, I'm sure the coaches and players respect their program but don't trash ours. As always on these boards, trash talk begins and sensibility goes out the window.