District 12a

thefan02

Well the season is almost over.There is a big mess at the top of the standings. With Mt.Pleasant and Wayne County tied for the top spot and Summertown and Perry County (who is riding a great winning streak with wins over MP, WC, and ST.) right behind. How will this district turn out. MP still has to play all three one more time-ST at home Friday night, @ WC next Tuesday, and @ PC towards the end of regular season.I dont see any of the other teams competing for the top 4 spots. My predictions are:

1.)Mt.Pleasant-usually turns it up toward the end of the season.

2.)Wayne County-good all round team.

3.)Perry County-turning it up at the right time

4.)Summertown-always a tough team to play.

I will say this though about Mt.Pleasant-They will HAVE to turn it up if they want to beat the other three bc right now they are not playing to their ability! But I think Coach Boyd will get them and have them ready to do what needs to be done!

This district is so messed up anybody in the top 6 can beat each other and Perry Co is playing good right now. Wayne Co has 5 good players on the court at all times and they are very hard to beat. Mt. Pleasant is really athletic with all 15 Webster's on the team. And Summertown plays very tough defense and if there hitting their shots they're good.

1. Wayne Co

2. Mt.Pleasant

3. Summertown

4. Perry Co

5. Clifton

6. Santa Fe

12 a is in a dead heat right now going towards the end of the district season. Right now there's a tie for first between Mt. Pleasant and Wayne Co., with Wayne Co. holding the head-to-head lead over MP. It's still anyone's district though.

Here's how I see it finally ending come late February:

1.) Wayne County-They have what it takes, all they need to do is just keep up their game, and they'll be ok. Now's not the time for a slip-up.

2.) Mt. Pleasant-Full of talent, but WC beat them 3 times in a row last year, and Tuesday they have to come to the Boro and defend that #1 ranking.

3.) Perry County-Finally in rhythm and playing good ball.

4.) Summertown-Strong team, but I see PC taking their #3 spot.

The rest doesn't have a chance and won't be mentioned. Frank Hughes will have to have a complete breakdown of these 4 teams if they even want a chance, same for that great Collinwood team.

Any word on reports of new transfers to Wayne County just in time for tournaments? You never know they may have some late season callups planned for the stretch drive.

haha thats very funny mphstigerfan. Almost a knee slapper . I tell you what all these teams and other people talking about wayne and their players. Well you know what it gets old after a while. How can we help if somebody wanted to move here or not. And to play ball or not. I dont think thats any of your business. In fact its noones business except for that person their family and the coaches. So lets let if go. How bout it?

Edited by iam8

So if the shoe was on the other foot you guys would have no problem with it? Lets say a prominent football player decides he don't like the current coach and decides if the school administration won't make a change then he'll just go play at Collinwood. Wouldn't that make you ask a question or two as well as the rest of the region. Everybody is looking for an edge and when someone gets that edge the rest want to make sure its all above board and on the level. Nothing wrong with seeking the truth is it. You Wayne County folks sure get uptight for there not to be anything to these rumors. Makes you wonder if the saying "Where there's smoke, there's fire" is true or not. Only time will tell.

Here is how I see the top 4 in District 12A finishing out and what I believe their final district win/loss record will be:

1. Wayne County (16-2) - No losses the rest of the way for the most talented team in the district.

2. Perry County (15-3) - This team is running on all cylinders. Look for them to continue their 12A winning streak into District Tournament play.

3. Mt. Pleasant (14-4) - The hardest remaining district schedule will hurt them. Look for close losses to Wayne County and Perry County down the stretch.

4. Summertown (13-5) - A strong Summertown team finishes out the remaining 12A schedule going 3-2 with more heartbreaking losses to Wayne County and Mt. Pleasant.

This district could end up with any of those 4 teams in any of those spots. Many of those games are going to be close ones and are kind of hard to predict. What I can predict, however, is that the district tournament is going to be one heck of a dogfight.

Edited by ptguard12