usfjim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the region eight duals

a story by usfjim

round 1

dragon v. wildcat (westside) - dragon has too much firepower for the whistle spinner's boys. however, look for a less than double digit win by the dragon. (you ask why?) the grand dragon wizard will keep them harnessed for the early part of the day. he realizes this is a marathon, not a sprint. however, prior to pulling the plug, he loses two wrestlers to freakish injuries.

mustang v. wildcat (bolton) - mustang had a very convincing regular season dual victory but a few wildcat cubs were missing. look for a closer battle coming down to the final few matches before the mustang ride off with the victory.

panther v. red price o' darkness - beelzebub is a master strategist in this type of environment; big match, underdog, etc., etc. while the panther won during the regular season, look for a constant juggling of the lineup to create optimum situations for the devils. yes, beelzebub and mini-bee will be dancing on the mats after this first round upset.

roadrunner v. wolves - since it's saturday morning, we should be watching cartoons and we will be when this match begins. the wolves will use all of their "acme" gadgets (remember wily coyote). but as in the cartoon, will never be able to harness the roadrunner. easy double digit win for coach b.

round 2

dragon v. mustang - the leader o' the dark side and the colombian wrestling guru v. the grand dragon wizard. starts off close, with a few upsets (much like the regular season dual) however as the match rolls on, the dragon fire breathes a little too hot for the stang and they head for the stable to cool off. again, we are reminded that this is a marathon by the grand dragon wizard and they win in single digits. however, again, the dragon lose a couple of wrestlers to freakish falls.

roadrunner v. red prince o' darkness - the devil braintrust of beelzebub and mini-bee attempt to cast their magic spell on the roadrunner. early results show that the strategy is working but a string of 03 dd, 19 jonas, 25 chad, 30 chud awaken the roadrunner, who then run off to a convincing victory.

final

dragon v. roadrunner - great matchups in this dual. however, the dragon fire has less heat and have the appearance of an emergency room. will the grand dragon wizard be able to summon up one more victory for the people of the little town of c'ville? this one is back and forth with bumping up and down the lineup. it goes until the final match when an apparent pin has given the dragon a one point victory. however, dragon 89 beau has used the, you guessed it, brother 89 mike's famous finishing move, ripping off an opponents arm and beating him until he lays down to pin himself. dragon loses a team point and yes................it's a tie!!!!

after going through the 88 tie break criteria, again, you guessed it, the coaches disappear into the locker room to don singlets and reappear to a cheering gymnasium. ronnie, ronnie, ronnie..............phil, phil, phil, phil...............

the match begins with the grand dragon wizard showing the speed that made him a legend in his own mind. but, coach b. catches him and begins to attempt a spladle when suddenly................the grand dragon wizard uses the famous anti-spladle. the mat is slapped and dragons win, dragons win, good golly almighty, dragons win!!!!

alternate finishes available on dvd, beginning tomorrow! :lol:

Edited by usfjim

Such as? Most of these teams have met, so I don't have to put myself on the line for prediction's sake. We already know how this SHOULD turn out. The only prediction-worthy duals are Germantown/Bartlett and Ridgeway/Bartlett (if they get past Germantown, of course). If I find myself with nothing to do tonight, I'll try to get someting out. Otherwise, see you all tommorow, where we don't need predictions. Get a full night of sleep.

sorry to put so much pressure on you about your picks. :lol:

so, your just taking the favs all the way through tomorrow is what it sounds like. my little story contained one but i wouldn't be at all surprised if there upsets within a team match that could make it interesting tomorrow. :lol: