Bradley @ Walker Valley

mixitup

Bradley will probably win the game, but not due to the lack of talent of WV's starters. They are all good. The problem is that they are ALL guards. They lose the battle of the boards in every game. Howarter and McGuire have done well with the bodies they were given, but neither one is taller than 6-2. They are both natural guards being forced to post up. Howarter didn't stand a chance last night against that 6-10 dude from McMinn Central. However, he did distribute the ball well to his open outside shooters. McGuire stayed outside and proved that he is still dangerous from the 3. It's interesting to note that the season point leaders, Howarter and Boatman, were held to 8 points total last night. This proves that Kugler, Caslin, and McGuire can step it up at any time and did last night. If all 5 starters are firing on all cylinders, they could beat Bradley.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow smoke volntn-after this season Smith will need a miracle to finish 3rd in the district and will probally lose to WV next year. Your right about the RAW talent,how about very little talent coming to BC since WV and Cleveland is getting players that don't want to play at BC.Just look at the players that have left to play at other schools.You figure it out!!!!!!!

I know of no BOYS that are fleeing BC to go to WV,Although i couldnt blame them if they did,Hey at least it gives less talented kids a place to play Ball,and thats a positive. BTW,you need to check your stats,last i looked this year, On the girls side they had a transfer from Cleveland, The boys had one from Brainerd and one from Florida. Sorry you dont have the right information.

After reading this thread and some of the other WV fans post's,I am more and more amazed at the level of hatred you Charleston and Calhoun people have for a program that is as sucessful as Bradley has been for the last 50 years.I am glad you guys got a new school up there, You ought to be proud of what your Home county produces,and stop trying to Down it every single post you jump in on.

Mcguire isn't less talented. if BC had him last year they WIN the STATE. Do the Math-BC won't have the same feeder program as in the past-since the new school opened and Cleveland High is still an option.

I happen to know some of the Kids @ OMS,and as far as i know,about 3/4 of the starters on the boys team want to play for Kent Smith...As i say again..You have some bad info or a pipe dream.

I regret to inform VolnTN that not all of the athletes or students at Walker Valley are from Charleston or Calhoun. I live in a minute from Bradley and chose not to attend there and instead make the fifteen minute drive everyday. I don't see many Bradley folks supporting the other teams in the county either. I personally, wouldn't mind seeing Bradley progress far into the playoffs and probably a championship game, however, I feel that they should want Walker Valley to progress as well. As for the athletes on the teams, I think that the starters at either school are phenomenal players and would start on most teams in the state. We don't have hatred for Bradley's program, we are in the process of building a successful one to call our own. You probably shouldn't make generalized statements when you aren't fully informed. As for enrollment numbers at Walker Valley, I was told from Danny Coggin himself we have 1117 students as of one week ago. A Bradley coach who was scouting a Walker Valley game the other night told me that Bradley has about 1650. It seems to me quite a few people are choosing to make the drive to Walker Valley....

I'm aW.V. Bradley Cleveland fan. I like to see all three compete against each other makes for a good atmosphere, also helps each team. Case in point after W.V. played Bradley close which they need to get them ready for the state they learned somethings they might need to work on, same with W. V. Right now these two schools competition is not each other but the schoold they have to beat to advance. Does anyone not remember Cleveland's team that won the state a few years ago, if Bradley didn't play them close in the region finals that year they may or may not have won it . The game helped them. And they only played Five players most of the time that whole year. They were an exception loaded with talent.