Hume-Fogg and District 8-aa

KillaWizZeE21

First and Foremost I am an ex-player and full fan of humefogg so this section is true, but biased and my views of the other teams are based soley on my experience playing the guys in JV and Varsity from years past and watching each hfa game this year, feel free to clear anything up. That said, heres my opinions on the best district in aa this year(not because i always think that but because there is too much talent and too many good teams).

I have seen hf play at their highest and lowest for the last 4 years and the one thing that is always consistent is that they are always exciting. It seems they play much better from under the scope. They play much better when the focus is elsewhere, especially on their opponents (Lets say undefeated teams of 02-03 and redemption first games) So someone tells me that hf is not where they should be in the district and not at the top, i say region champs. Then again, im partial. As for the loss at lipscomb, i say meh. They were on a roll, but the roll began too early, thats only setting yourself up for too much limelight and too much pressure, i say you loose and get used to it, suckk it up and win late... just like football(although the patriots make me look somewhat wrong... even though they did win late.... experience is always good too) then feed off the late wins to start your roll on the postseason aka season 2. Hf has unlimited talent... the big man hasnt even broke the surface of his potential and the hf backcourt is serious. I know renfroe and the kid doesnt like to loose - ive taught him to loose in other things so he deosnt have to in high school basketball- and that type of mind set along with a senior attitude striving to end his career on a win is a deadly mixture. The big man is also a senior and he's really came around in his game this year. The scary thing is if he got the ball more he would do much more damage. Hes got confidence and he is beggining to realize that his huge blocks every game that no one really notices are essential to his team. I sure have enjoyed watching him do more S.W.A.T. then a bad collin farrel movie. When everyone starts to get him more involved, renfroe and hob will bask in the glory when thier outside game opens up and all teh sudden those threes that are keeping the game close become the threes that close the game up. but once again hob al ranard are all my boys, but i mean talent in talent.

as for the other teams in 8-aa ill give you my opinions.

-MLK- coaching can go along way, you never know whos gonna step up for that team but no fail someone does and thats team ball, for an undefeated district team I sure havent heard much about a standout star(my moneys on my boy virgil).

-DL- Coaching is also very relevant here, but these guys are disciplined too. Shooters but i dont know if smarts instead of size can take them much further then region (no offence) #21 can shoot the rock, but man shoot more. I saw you stroke 2 in a row at your place and then never shoot again. Big man for dl is smart and fits well in thier motion offence.

-Greenbriar- Good defense, but its going to be very hard for them to overcome thier district's talent. too hard. They got some good shooters though, so if they can stay close late watch out.

-Portland- Let brewer get his 30+ but DO NOT let soemone else on that team beat you. Focus on his supporting cast and see where it goes from there. Brewer is better down the stretch and under pressure then when hes just out there playing with undersizzed guys. Ive heard knocks on him going to the SEC but this fact is why i think he'll fit well in at florida who not only run, but like finishing guards.

-Station Camp(im not sure which division they are in)- They have fire in thier play and they define underdog and upset. Im not knocking them, I'm just saying the lineup plays much better then you would expect. Point guard for sc is great, anyone know if hes going to school anywhere, can shoot and great vision, fun to watch. hes clutch too.

-Macon County- #44(Harris i think?) I feel for ya man

-East Lit- I just don't like these guys. They have too many personalities for a high school team. If I were them I would make sure mcmillan knew that at the end of the game id rather have the ball in the hands of my big man. They seem to clash, too mnay times in my high school career have I seen east lit players yelling at eachother. Hopefully the young guys on the come-up are in check... alot of young talent though and a deep bench sometimes prevail which make them another dangerous team.

-Springfield- A lot of athletes, but inner squad drama is holding them back, they stole one from my boys but that was a fluke. Id like to see them steal one from a couple other district teams and they can do it any night.

thats my humble opinion

so reply how you will, im anxious to see what comes up.

Edited by KillaWizZeE21

KillaWiZzeE21: I wish I knew who you were... I think I might... I'm an HF-er too! I pretty much agree with everything you said especially about east. A team can't win with too many cooks in the kitchen. That yelling at your teammate buisness doesn't cut it. As for MLK, you said that for an undefeated team you haven't heard much about a standout star... I think that's exactly why they are undefeated. It's a team thang baby. I just wish HF would pick up their momentum sooner.. I'm tired of being on edge!

I agree w/ you for the most part. Here's my take on it. From Top to Bottom.

Macon: Strugglin, but alot of respect for them and especially Nathan Harris.

Station Camp: Young, competitive, and scrappy. Not the best but wins some games and continues to improve. Will be a team to reckon with in the next few years.

Springfield: Year in and year out its the same story, tons of talent (such as Ray Stanton) but no organization. Could do damage in the tournament.

East Lit.: I thought they would do better than they have this year. Bickering between teammates is never good. If they get rollin look out.

Greenbrier: Well disciplined team. Plays good D which I always enjoy. Good player in #15. They play everyone close.

Portland: One of the best players in the state in Brewer. Not a good supporting cast but they can kill ya. Brewer will keep them in it for a while.

Hume Fogg: A lot of talent, when they are on they are hard to stop. The big man changes the game, and with Renfroe and Hobson they play very well together.

David Lipscomb:I'm a little biased here soo, your typical DL team. plays tough D, gets it inside, plays as a team, and tries to beat ya at the end with free throws.

MLK: Showing they are the best team in 8AA right now. Very young but experienced. plays great together with Johnny Lee runnin the show. Great D and great coaching, should go far in the tourney.