Top PGs in West TN?

utm_bball

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
:D I've had a chance to see Akin at Dyer Co. earlier this year, she has a world of potential and shows a lot of poise for someone of her age.. Hudson at Gleason doesn't look like a FR. on the floor.. If someone from outside of the area had just come to see her play would probably think she's a junior or senior.. coach Frazier has another solid guard for three more years.. Bailey at Dresden is coming off of injury, but when healthy, is among the best in the area and is an excellent outside shooter as well.. :lol: The amazing thing about these point guards in our area is very few are Seniors and a lot of talent will be back at that particular position in the years to come :D

caramelcutiepie,

wow-guess I'll have to make it a point to see her-can't believe she is so good you don't even waffle on Brooks. What year is she -if she is a sr.-where is she going to play next year?

She's a junior but she's an All-American. She has her choice of several top Women's Division 1 programs and then all the others D-1 programs that are all in great conferences. Everyone in the SEC and I mean EVERYONE. She's super talented...probably one of the most talented if not THE most talented point guard from this state. And I am honestly saying this...I would be saying the same thing if I lived in another part of the country.

That's no slight to Brooks, however, because she is good. I just had to see her because I had heard so much about her. She didn't play the way I thought she would, but since I regularly see one of the top guards in the nation in LaToya, I had to put things in perspective so I wouldn't be disappointed after I saw Brooks. Brooks is something else on defense, though...an exceptional defender at least in the game I saw. Like I said, she's good, but they are on two different levels. LaToya is what you call a "blue-chip" recruit, in an elite class of players and one of the top nationally in the Class of 2005 and the top junior in the state, so its not really fair to compare the two and say one is good and one is not good...I'll just say one is good and the other is amazing. I don't like to think this far in advance, but I'll go out on a limb and say I think LaToya will be next year's Miss Basketball in AAA.

Everything Carmel says is true on this point. From the outside looking in she has matured and lost the attitude she had when she was younger. Over the past 20 years there have been 3 girls from west Tennessee that deserved Miss Basketball, and Latoya is the 3rd. The other 2 McCray and Shields. latoya may be the best of the 3....