SEEDING CRITERIA FOR REGIONIONALS

LAUDERDALE

Region 7 set a policy 4 years ago that has worked really well.

1. Head to Head

A. If you are equally split, say wrestler A has won once and wrestler B has won once then we go with whoever won last.

B. If you are unequally split then the wrestler who has won the most times gets the higher seed even if the other guy won last.

2. Common opponent

3. State placer (Same weight wins out over different weight)

4. State qualifier (Same weight wins out over different weight)

5. Record

Needless to say, it is usually solved before we get to criteria #5.

"Region 7 set a policy 4 years ago that has worked really well.

1. Head to Head

A. If you are equally split, say wrestler A has won once and wrestler B has won once then we go with whoever won last.

B. If you are unequally split then the wrestler who has won the most times gets the higher seed even if the other guy won last.

2. Common opponent

3. State placer (Same weight wins out over different weight)

4. State qualifier (Same weight wins out over different weight)

5. Record

Needless to say, it is usually solved before we get to criteria #5."

This is the most common criteria I have seen used at tournaments

Coach Lauderdale,

Where are most of the problems and arguments coming from? You know I have always felt "Cream will rise to the Top". I feel there comes a point in any seeding meeting that people are always trying to get the edge regardless who is really the best. How many seeds do you guys have? Honestly in Region IV we have not had any major problems in years. We have even voted or even flipped a coin. Our most major problems have been when A beats B and B beats C, but C beat A

Sounds like he might be a little concerned about getting somebody ranked. Maybe somebody who has not been on the mat much lately? I would certainly like to see the video of that meeting. Might even be worth the drive up to sit in on this one. How about the place and time coach? Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks for all the ideas!

One thing that did help us last year is that we decided to go head to head as our first criteria. The problem is not all of the guys have wrestled each other.

Can't go by head to head. Maybe no common opponent.

Some guys want to go by record. Problem is not everyone wrestles the same caliber of competition.

It did not go as bad last year as some but this year there will be some challenges.

As far as tournaments in the Ala - Fla Panhandle area, there is a group in Destin/Ft Walton beach organizing an AAU event right now. As soon as they set the date they are going to let me know! Be a nice trip huh? Wrestling and Deep Sea Fishing in the same Weekend! I'm there!!!

For a copy of our AAU Schedule for Tennessee, go to our new web site

www.seaausports.com

Click on wrestling and our schedule will appear on the right of the screen