OSUBrutus and Strength of Schedule

cyclonehomer

I found something rather funny on CoachT today. Countless times on here, osubrutus has chided Elizabethton for its schedule strength, while also acting like Unaka has played a WNBA schedule.

I looked at the strength of schedule rankings and see that Unaka is No. 83 -- among Class A schools only no less. What a joke.

Elizabethton's strength of schedule is very low, too, in the 90s in Class AA. But while the Cyclones have played a weak schedule, so has Unaka. And it should be easier for Unaka to raise its strength of schedule because it can get a double-bump on most Class A schools by playing Class AAA schools -- which Unaka doesn't do -- while the Cyclones can't get that same bump despite playing Daniel Boone, Tennessee High, David Crockett and Dobyns-Bennett.

osu, saying Unaka ranks above Elizabethon based on strength of schedule is all wet. And that goes for your buddy coachh17, too, who ranked Unaka above Elizabethton in Carter County. You would think a guy that coaches at Elizabethton would know that his own players are better than the ones at Unaka, but I guess not.

I found something rather funny on CoachT today. Countless times on here, osubrutus has chided Elizabethton for its schedule strength, while also acting like Unaka has played a WNBA schedule.

I looked at the strength of schedule rankings and see that Unaka is No. 83 -- among Class A schools only no less. What a joke.

Elizabethton's strength of schedule is very low, too, in the 90s in Class AA. But while the Cyclones have played a weak schedule, so has Unaka. And it should be easier for Unaka to raise its strength of schedule because it can get a double-bump on most Class A schools by playing Class AAA schools -- which Unaka doesn't do -- while the Cyclones can't get that same bump despite playing Daniel Boone, Tennessee High, David Crockett and Dobyns-Bennett.

osu, saying Unaka ranks above Elizabethon based on strength of schedule is all wet. And that goes for your buddy coachh17, too, who ranked Unaka above Elizabethton in Carter County. You would think a guy that coaches at Elizabethton would know that his own players are better than the ones at Unaka, but I guess not.

Crockett refused to take a beating. As did Sullivan East, As did Elizabethton, As did Science Hill, As did Tennessee High (JV games only), As did Hampton

I don't know about Boone. Unaka had to go all the way to Harriman and Knoxville to get games. They still have 2 open after East would play the boys only. (I believe so do the Cyclones)

So don't get on here talking about games not being played...when the other teams won't play what can you do? At least Unicoi would play and Central would play once!!!

Go back into hiding behind your spineless alias!!!!

I've tried to stay off of CoachT because every time I post something, brutus accuses me of being 18 different people on here. I don't have time for that, but please keep on doing what you're doing, old boy, it keeps thing lively I guess.

As for the Unaka schedule thing, I'm just saying one thing and one thing only. I don't care whether Unaka could or could not schedule Class AAA teams. That fact remains that they DID NOT schedule Class AAA teams. The fact remains their schedule strength is No. 83 in Class A, which equates to playing Seven Sisters Without The Ability to Dribble 26 times.

Of course, the fact remains that Elizabethton's strength of schedule is No. 98 in Class AA, which equates to playing Seven Sisters Without The Ability to Shoot Magnet School 26 times. Therefore, all things being somewhat, but not exactly equal, Unaka's schedule is NO BETTER than Elizabethton.

And Daniel Boone's is even worse at 104 in Class AAA. That's like playing Seven Sisters Without The Ability to Dribble or Shoot or Think 26 times.

Homer, to avoid the Unakies beating the dead horse again I ranked them ahead of the Cyclones after our loss to Happy Valley. I never said anything about who has better players and I do not like bringing name comparisons on these posts. Unaka has good players, Elizabethton has good players. We all have our opinions as to who is better, but the issue will not be decided on the court so I choose to leave it alone. However, if there has been a consistently positive voice speaking for the Cyclone players it has been me. Our goal is to reach the state tournament, and I think we have the talent to get there, possibly this year and in the future.

Homer, to avoid the Unakies beating the dead horse again I ranked them ahead of the Cyclones after our loss to Happy Valley. I never said anything about who has better players and I do not like bringing name comparisons on these posts. Unaka has good players, Elizabethton has good players. We all have our opinions as to who is better, but the issue will not be decided on the court so I choose to leave it alone. However, if there has been a consistently positive voice speaking for the Cyclone players it has been me. Our goal is to reach the state tournament, and I think we have the talent to get there, possibly this year and in the future.

Mister Switzerland!!!! Always neutral now? Need to let Rikki know about the Recruiting Service.

Edited by osubrutus

CycloneHomer has done it now. The dead horse rides again! Brutus, Beware of shovels to bury it! It would be a great game to settle on the court even though it will probably never happen. Just a suggestion, but I believe TSSAA refs could solve the problems that the teams had during the summer scrimmage.

Strength of schedule can be misleading. You cannot control how good other teams are going to be in your conference. It's the luck of the draw. Girl's teams can also be affected by scheduling of their boy's teams.

Carter County Top 5 rankings by Coach 17 was done like the AP poll. You lose, you drop. He was only being fair. In no way did it affect confidence in his team.

Edited by littleabe