Region 5 Individual Tournament This Sat!

Rebel58

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gann and the rest of you guys....

Lets get past the point where the goal is to "make it to state". We rarely hear kids in the mid-state say "I'm definitely going to place at state this year!"

Believe me...thats what you hear in Chattanooga!

Come on guys....set your goals high and train HARD!

undefined

Your exactly right. It great to hear about how hard you think the region is. But kids in chattanooga and around the area look past it. They are tlkain about placing in state. They wonder what position they will take in the top 6 of state , not top 4 in the region. I can't ever recall hearing a soddy or bradley wrestler talking bout how they hope to place in region. They always speak of how they will be placing in state. Good luck to you all.

Rethink your goal, and train for state.

That's not why they are good. They are good because they have good coaches and good programs/tradition. Just because you want to place doesn't mean you will, especially without the right coaching and experience. It's easy to tell kids to shoot for a medal, but Soddy and Bradley kids have usually been wrestling for years under great coaches. Some of these kids are first year wrestlers.

cb133, You are on the right track. That IS, in part," why they are good." Don't allow anybody to dissuade you on your goals. The achievements of some of the greatest wrestlers are direct results of goal setting. Some of the best teaching minds in wrestling today will back you up on the value of what you said in your post.

Edited by delaWarr