centennial vs. Hickman Co

ffc02

Durango15,

Why are you going to come on CoachT talking like that? I dont think that anyone from Hickman County who knows anything about the game tonight thinks that Centennial is anywhere near a pushover. I am a Hickman County fan. One of the things that I have been most proud of Hickman County fans is how they have behaved themselves on CoachT. The other teams have been very generous in their posts about Hickman County. There is no reason to try and create bad blood between Hickman and the other schools with loose talk.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never ever complained about officiating... but tonight why didn't the refs go ahead and wear the Hickman County jerseys? There were some of the most ridiculous calls I have ever seen. Lane violaion? Who in the heck got in the lane early? How about the holding foul on 44 that the lady ref called and the next thing you know its Hickman ball? Not to mention the last shot where Waliszewski got fouled on the drive? True, Centennial should never have been down 13 to Hickman County ( don't get me wrong HC is a great team) but the refs defintely determined the outcome of the game tonight. It's a shame to see that a district championship can be lost due to bad officiating. As for the people who say CHS stinks, why are they 8th in the midstate then? As for Siegel, we get a second shot at y'all... be ready.

what a crazy game.. Centennial started with a 5-0 lead and hickman came back to take a double digit halftime lead.. Centennial battled back a little but hickman through another nice run in.. with a little less then 4 minutes left Centennial was down by 13 and ended up coming all the way back to 2 points with 30 seconds left. Izzy i talked to the basketball players after the game and they said shekeb told everyone to box out and the ref said that he was distracting the shooter(he missed and Centennial got the rebound) and so they got another shot at the one and one and the hickman guy made both.. im not trying to make any excuses we didnt play up to our potential. hickman is a great team and hopefully we will meet again in the tournament. but the officiating was bad on both sides.. but good luck to both teams.. fhsrebel it should be a good one on friday night.. i know we will be ready.. the final score was 47-45

The Hickman County team got down by 5 quick in the first and then lead the rest of the game. The referees were absolutely horrible both sides of the ball. The ref's did not lose this game for Centennial, it was both ways. The lady ref. did an amazing job playing for vandy a few years ago, but she sucked it up as a ref. Centennial Fans showed a whole lot of class by calling Hickman Co. trailor trash and after losing they walked out onto the court wanting a fight. They are real classy. Of course they all stopped at about halfcourt and waited for nothing. Hickman County just sat back and chanted "we're number one" over and over again. Hickman is now the number one team in the district. The Bulldogs came to play Centennial didnt. Hickman fans were louder and more excited than Centennial. It was all Hickman County as they are the DISTRICT CHAMPS.

The referee called the foul on white 44 when she came to the scorers table. The announcer misunderstood her and announced the foul on red 44 ( they were guarding each other). She then told the other refs that Hickman County should get the ball instead. I thought the refs were inconsistent. There were basically no fouls called. I think a total of seven fouls were called in the first 14 minutes of the second half ( 5 on Hickman County and 2 on Centennial). That's not many fouls for two teams who were playing a physical full court pressing defense. It was a great game played by two teams who both wanted to win. Maybe we'll see ya'll again in the district tournament. Good Luck!

This game tonight was a great game, and about the refs, it went about equal. Centennial showed tonight that they have the heart of champions by coming back from 13 down and pushing it to the buzzer. I give a lot of credit to Centennial and good luck to you. Hickman County still has to play Lewis County (H), Antioch (H), and a make up game against Overton (A). After that comes tournament time, it should be a great tournament and we'll see you there.