Why Students Shouldn't Celebrate on the Court...

MaryvilleRebels

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky is stuggling this year but I can tell you one thing.... they are 10000 better than Tennessee. The only thing Kentucky needs is a new athletic director so to all you people who don't like Kentucky, just remember they will always be better than Tennessee

Yes, dogface, you're absolutely right. Kentucky will always be better than Tennessee in men's basketball. However, I think the 100,000 or so Tennesseans that fill Neyland Stadium each and every Saturday will gladly trade 70 years of basketball futility for a guaranteed win at the end of every football season. Not to mention domination in just about every other sport, too. Tennessee is not a basketball-crazy state like Kentucky or Indiana. We don't sell out a 24,000 seat arena for a high school championship. But we love our football, and that's really all that matters to most of us. If the Wildcats lose a basketball game, the whole state of Kentucky (other than Louisville fans) mourn for a week. If Tennessee loses a basketball game, oh well, we'll get them next time. Simply put, WE DON'T CARE if Kentucky is better.

(Did you forget to mention that no one has beaten Kentucky more than Tennessee has (62 times)? No one else has even come close to beating Kentucky that many times. And that UT is second only to UK in all-time conference titles?)

Coachk.com is Duke's Coaches website. I have never found another state with a website like this about their high school sports.

There's some good ones, but I haven't seen one as good and as comprehensive as this one. Arkansas has a football site that isn't bad, a basketball site that isn't bad...neither is as good at its one sport as CoachT is at all of them. Ohio has a really, really good one...but I haven't seen one better than this.

However, I think the 100,000 or so Tennesseans that fill Neyland Stadium each and every Saturday will gladly trade 70 years of basketball futility for a guaranteed win at the end of every football season.

Dumbest. post. evarrrrrr. That's like saying Michigan would rather lose every game in every sport every year just to beat Ohio State in football every year.

Oh and speaking of the Maize and Blue, they are the team with the true "Big House". 107,501. Couple more national titles, 3 Heisman Trophy Winners, #1 program in terms of all-time wins and winning percentage (this may not be true - i know they were #2 entering the season trailing Notre Dame who didnt do so hot).

People can like whoever they want, it sounds like someone really ruffled your feathers just because UTK cant seem to ever beat UK in basketball.

I just want to point out that I didn't say it...but I do want to say that its typical of UT fans to convert the talk to football when we are on a basketball thread and basketball board. Pitiful. While we are at it, since we are talking about being great at stuff, why don't I mention the fact that UK has more National Titles in ONE SPORT than UT has in every one. Thats right...13 national titles in cheerleading. B);)

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Feb 16 2004 - 01:16 AM'] While we are at it, since we are talking about being great at stuff, why don't I mention the fact that UK has more National Titles in ONE SPORT than UT has in every one. Thats right...13 national titles in cheerleading.

Wow, man. First you get into school on an acting scholarship and then you tout the fact that UK has won 13 titles in cheerleading. That should say plenty in and of itself right there.

And for the last time, cheerleading is not a sport. It is an athletics-related event that holds competitions, but it is not a sport.

I could start a whole 'nother thread on what is and isn't a sport, and the reasons behind each, but I'll save that for the offseason.

There's some good ones, but I haven't seen one as good and as comprehensive as this one. Arkansas has a football site that isn't bad, a basketball site that isn't bad...neither is as good at its one sport as CoachT is at all of them. Ohio has a really, really good one...but I haven't seen one better than this.

You know those site links? I just wanna look over em.

None of us would be here if we were not fans of Tennessee high school sports. Uk fans are only defending their school just as you are defending UT.( although in my arguement I personally would not have brought up cheerleading) :D I would rather bring up seven national championships. Also, I give creit to UT for topping the Cats 62 times. Yup, nobody is the SEC even close to that. Of course, this is opposed to the 133 wins against the Vols. But hey, to show I'm just a basketball fan in general, I'm shocked none of the Vols fans here brought up UT's women's basketball program. Pat Summit has done an incredible job in making the Lady Vols one of the best women's programs in the country( save UConn). There, props to both schools. See kids, we can be civil :D