• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart4240...um, Farragut is not very good

neither is WB

in fact, WB is terrible

in fact, the whole district is terrible

this year compared to year's past, i mean come on...

there is so many bizarre games

west loses to Sevier Co., but beats S-D twice, Farragut, Bearden, etc

W-B gets blown to bits by Bearden, beats Farragut, who beat Maryville, who beat S-D, who beat Bearden and Farragut

There is no parity in this district

everyone is bad

how about that?

Look at W-B's record...it is not good

and Farragut plays NO defense

I bet two teams will win the district that on one thinks will win it

FatJoe, don't get the wrong idea, but I ALMOST agree with you.

I don't think that everyone is "terrible", but I don't think the district is as strong as it has been.

Seems like anyone might be capable of beating anyone else on any given night. Should make the tournament interesting.

How do you think our district will stack up to the other district in our regional tournament?

GovMan here's you some quality info about districts 3 and 4..

District 3- 1st-Clinton.. 2nd.. Karns.. 3rd.. Oak Ridge.. 4th.. Powell.. and 5th.. halls..

District 4- 1st..Maryville.. 2nd.. Farragut.... 3rd... wb.... 4th.. Bearden.. 5th.. SD.. 6th.. west..

How does district 3 stack up against district 4..

well Maryville, our top seed, beat Karns Oak Ridge, Powell, and halls.. all in the top 5 of district 3..

Farragut beat Powell and jeff county..

SD beat Karns by 8, halls by 9, and Powell by 20. once again, all in the top 5 of their district... while SD is still 5th in district 4.

and west, district 4's "6th" place team " who doesn't even get a bye the first rd" lost to Karns, district 3's 2 seed by 4, halls, district 3's 5th seed by 3 both times.. and Powell, district 3's 4th seed by 2..

And for good measures Bearden beat M-town west 101-53 and they beat rhea county by 3.. ISN'T RHEA COUNTY SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY GOOD. oh yeah Bearden's district 4's 4th seed..

SO ppl tell me now that district 4 has no good teams in it.. Give me a break, district 4 isn't so messed up b/c the teams are "horrible" all of the teams are j/ that good.. oh yeah look at the information and seedings I have gave you and u decide how district 4 stacks up to district 3.. HELLO FUZZY district 4 will destroy district 3 in the regions..

Virtually, everyone is right about all the district teams. Teams are showing that they can beat teams they are not supposed to and lose those they are supposed to win. You would have to say Maryville, Farragut, Karns, and Oak Ridge look strong, but give almost everyone an equal chance come tourney time because only 2 will survive at the top. At least look for some teams like WB, S-D, etc. to make an upset heading into tourney time.

FatJoe, don't get the wrong idea, but I ALMOST agree with you.

I don't think that everyone is "terrible", but I don't think the district is as strong as it has been.

Seems like anyone might be capable of beating anyone else on any given night. Should make the tournament interesting.

How do you think our district will stack up to the other district in our regional tournament?

I think your glib about WB only losing by 1 to Science Hill is worthless b.c they are down this year

In fact, the whole state is down, minus White Station, Raleigh Egypt, Bradley Central, and maybe in AA Brentwood Academy.

Even Giles, defending AA state champs, are vulnerable to defeat on any given night

Your question is probably a moot point--White Station and bradley in state finals

Although upsets could be had, you never know

2 years ago Oak Ridge upset BC in the last regular season game in 2OT

anything can happen

And while an East Tenn team [other than BC] may get out of the region, I don't see any East Tenn. teams hanging with memphis or the better schools in metro nashville region (McGavock, Oakland)...

But I think our district is way better than the one with Powell and Karns and Oak Ridge

but that's still not saying much

and If I had to pick 2 to get out of our district, it would be hard not to pick Bearden simply because the district tourney is at Bearden

and we know how the refs are when the game is at Bearden

YES we all do know how the refs are at Bearden and we all know how HARD it is to win @ the "doghouse". I'll give Bearden that, but they're gonna end up playing the 6th or 7th seed in South Doyle!!.. that isn't an easy contest for them no matter where they play @.. SO Bearden even gettin out of the District is a toss up question.. But can I remind everyone that the REGION *tournament that matters most* is @ South Doyle!!.. Which is a great place for "shooter" a.k.a WB to play @.. talk at yah l8ter.. Have a game to go win!! Thank god for the snow everyone!! lol