Region 6 seedings

nununu

These are the seedings for the Region 6 tournament to be held this weekend at Whites Creek that I know of. Complete seedings and brackets are at www.geocities.com/bjfiscus/mypage.html

All seeds are in order 1-6

Martin-Mpl

Tayar-Ovt

Zamora-Ant

Carter-FRA

Singh-HFA

Vick-HBR

Martin-Mpl

Close-Ant

Buckley-Ovt

McAllister-Mcg

Patterson-Hbr

Nguyen-ELM

Ibrahim-Ovt

Benson-Hbr

Lillard-Str

Dunn-Lip

Hari-McG

McMahon-Hwd

Murphy-FRA

Mefford-Map

Rochelle-Lip

Eden-Ovt

Gibson-McG

Haynes-Str

Caples-Hbr

Jennings-Ovt

Heim-FRA

Washington-STR

Long-HFA

Oates-TSB

Lowe-McG

Mitchell-FRA

Troseth-Hbr

Davis-Ovt

Waldenstoye-Gln

Randolph-Hbr

Bridges-NCS

Quick-Ant

Sutter-FRA

Binkley-Lip

Fortune-MLK

Yoder-Hbr

Johnson-ELM

Watts-Gln

Hedges-Hwd

Hill MLK

NCS

Clemons-Gln

Coffin-Mlk

Durr-FRA

Vanderloop-Hbr

Meredith-HL

Ourk-Ant

Johnson-Ant

Jenkins-MLK

Davis-Ovt

Higginbotham-Lip

Jones-Gln

Robinson-HL

Valentine-Lip

Vanderloop-Hbr

Beaird-MLK

Averatt-FRA

Gregory-PC

Knox-Ant

Murray-FRA

Pierce-McG

Moss-Ovt

Heffington-Lip

Stuart-MLK

Cox-Ant

Haynes-Ovt

Brown-HL

Glaser-Hwd

Murphy-Str

Haynes-Gln

Ball-FRA

Hwt

Layman-FRA

Elston-Gln

Vanderloop-Hbr

Moore-Hwd

Swinney-Ovt

Uzoh-MLK

I have not seen the 215 and hwt yet, I will post as soon as I see what they are.

Give some feedback on possible region winners and state qualifiers.

Edited by nununu

Thanks for the post and the link to the brackets.

Seedings look pretty fair. Should be some good matches in the semi's and finals.

Are any wrestlers missing from brackets? I realized 103 usually has some vacancies (9 wrestlers) but I was surpised to see only 11 wrestlers in 135, 140 and HWT.

Did any teams miss seeding meeting?

After last year's awful showing in state ( only two place winners), I think this region will have more than 10 this year. 103 is very tough in our region, along with HWT. There could be more than one state place winner coming from those weight classes. We could get two place winners from 160, and 171 along with a few in some other weight classes. Good job with improvement this year coaches, and good luck this weekend and at states next weekend. Let us go out and get some high place winners at the state next weekend!!!

Coach Pozdol

HWT and 103 are prolly the toughest weight classes in the region. Its quality not Quantity. :) Region 6 should do alot better this year.Overton the only team that did anything last year but I think there were more than 2 placers. Pack and Litlejohn Placed for Mcgavok last year and I think Valentine placed not sure though. Wish me Luck tommorow! lol

There were five state medalist's last year in region 6

Ibrahim (Overton) -1st @ 112

Sanders (FRA) 5th @ 125 (graduated)

Drinkwine (Overton) 2nd @ 135 (graduated)

Littlejohn (Mcgavock) 6th @ 152 (quit wrestling)

Pack Mcgavock) 5th @ 160 (graduated)

Anyone that makes it to the state tournament has achieved something special. I think there are seven kids from this region (just my opinion) that have a pretty good shot of medaling at state.

Devon Martin @103(Maplewood), Ari Ibriham @119(Overton),

Josh Johnson @160(Antioch), Kenny Jenkins @160(MLK), Adam Valentine @171 (Lipscomb), David Vanderloop @171 (Hillsboro), and Taylor Layman @275 (FRA)

I'm sure there are a couple more that I have overlooked but these are guys that I have seen this year that have impressed me the most. I have only seen Overton once this year and really don't know much about them; If Darnell Hayes has continued to progress as he did last year I would say he would be another likely medalist.