How is Lewis County going to be.

dudumonaghan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis Co. should be a very tough team to beat. The Panthers are going to have a young, but somewhat experienced squad with most of the younger kids playin from last year. Panthers have a very well rounded pitching staff with all their pitchers returning from last year. From what I'm hearin the Panthers have 3 pitchers throwin 80mph plus. It has been rumored that Watson and Sublett have hit 85mph+. I guess we'll find out on March 16 in summertown when Watson and Sublett with both do some work off the hill. They'll be a fun team to watch this year.

I don't really see how Lewis County should be that tough. We play in the same district and I can't get where all this talent is going to show up from. Who are the three pitchers who hit 85? I know the big kid, Sublett I believe, did it but who are the other two? I never saw anyone last year who was close. And pitching is great and all but it's not going to win every game for you unless you've got a good offense behind it and with the inexperience you're talking about, I don't know where that offense will come from. The Red Sox, Braves and Cubs last year all had outstanding bullpens but all failed to win when it came to crunch time. Marshall County wins district again, without much difficulty.

Well I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about this year. Watson and Sublett have both been clocked at 85+, Wills is the 3rd at a consistant 82mph. Offense is a big key.....Lewis Co. is going to have to step up their hitting this year or they won't make it very far.They have a good pitching staff, but ur right it can't win every game. Oh and by the way the Cubs didn't have a great bullpen......they had a great starting 5...thats why the bull pen lost game 6 against the marlins. Should have never pulled Prior out.......

No way you have anyone that is throwing 85+, much less two. Last year you didn't have a guy that could throw over 82 on a good day. I don't see them adding three mph on their fastball, because the pitchers you guys always throug had great off-speed stuff, that's why we lost two you guys once last year. There isn't much talent down there in Howenwald and I think it will be hard for them to compete unless they have dominating pitching because I know they don't have big bats, with the loss of mendez. So you will be like the rest of the district and chasing Marshall, which I hate to say.

Ya'll are stupid and are gonna get a smack in the face when ya'll meet up with them this season.They are pretty young and very good.They WILL win the district this year.

That is the craziest thing, I would bet the farm that Lewis CO. will not win district. They may finish second but Marshall will win again because of the depth they have. So golfman just don't say anything else unless you put some thought into it first.

Well Gerry for your info. we do have 2 people throwing 85+ and one throwing a consistant 82. I happen to be one of the people throwing the 85+. So don't tell me we don't like your part of the team. If you don't think we throw that hard......tell it to our coach.....and to the gun he clocked me with and nathaniel with. I think your correct about the district race.....marshall will be the team to beat. Not saying we are just unbelieveable....but don't over look us, we're young but gonna be a tough team to beat.