Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We turned in a solid performance all the way around. We hit great (16 runs), we pitched excellent (Gilmore gave up 2 hits maybe), and we played solid defense (definately not 13 errors). Gilmore and McCreary hits home runs and Dan Chandler came close as well. Great day for Rockwood, hopefully we can carry is over to next week. Prom tomorrow, hopefully we can all be safe and carefull on the roads.

Go Tigers!

Who do you all play this week, and how did your District seeding turn out? We are a two seed with CAK #1 and Cosby 3 and Midway 4. I hope to see you guys in a few weeks again, and maybe this time (different than the other 3 times) we can finnally get you. Best of Luck this week.

Hack#3

Hack, we play 4 games this week. Tomorrow, we travel to Catholic. Tuesday, we play Cumberland Co. at home. Wednesday, Rhea County comes to town. Thursday, we go to Oliver Springs.

We are also the number 2 seed with Harriman being 1 and Wartburg 3. I don't know about 4-6, but I know it is between Coalfield, Oakdale, and Oneida. I think Sunbright is 7 seed. Good luck to y'all too. See ya in a couple of weeks.

Most of the players have grown up in Rockwood. But we do have 4 players from outside of Rockwood. Seth Robinson is from Midtown/Kingston. Robert Gilmore, Michael Gilmore, and Andy Willis are from Oakdale. One fact that Biggamer got wrong is, none of those four players are from other teams. They had no athletic record at their previous school, their entire high school career has been at Rockwood.

The game at Catholic has been cancelled due to rain.

We forgot to bring our bats and gloves to the game. We made some errors and Cumberland Co. teed off last night. They hit the ball VERY WELL.

Tonight we played much better and defeated Rhea County 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th. We had an excellent pitching performance by Dan Chandler and we hit the ball better tonight. We also had a very good defensive performance.