Any upsets?

MillsHalf

Now that the brackets are set, anyone want to venture any guesses at possible upsets (mild or strong) at the tournament this weekend. While I doubt anyone would pick an upset at DI 125 (James) or DII 135 (Leen), do you think that there are 2 seeds and below who will come out on top? What could be the biggest upset out there?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about upsets for 1st and 2nd, but here are several wrestlers who I think will finish better than their seeding and make it to the semifinals.

Tayar(Overton) @ 103

Coleman(Clevland)@ 112

Cox(Kenwood)@ 119

Eden(Overton)@ 125

Jennings(Overton) @ 130

Valentine(Lipscomb) @ 171

Hayes(Overton) @ 215

6 guys in D2 that are not #1 or #2 seeds that have impressed me as wrestling well lately:

103: Ben Johnson

119: Geismer

130: Charlie Oddo

135: Zack Goss

140: James Hayduk

140: Dan Waddell

140 appears to be the most balanced weight with Smith, Tate, Myers, Hayduk, and Waddell.

Edited by walkenvol

ijtx - just commenting on who I'm seen that impressed me. Doug certainly has it in him to do well, but he has yet to regain his old form in the matches I've seen him wrestle this season. I hope he will bust a hump in the off season and reach his potential before he graduates. I would thin that the next best bet from the Baylor camp would be big Huff in light of his win over Forte. Let the games begin.

6 guys in D2 that are not #1 or #2 seeds that have impressed me as wrestling well lately:

103: Ben Johnson

119: Geismer

130: Charlie Oddo

135: Zack Goss

140: James Hayduk

140: Dan Waddell

140 appears to be the most balanced weight with Smith, Tate, Myers, Hayduk, and Waddell.

I agree with Walkenvol. Daniel Waddell and Zach Goss are definitely two wrestlers to keep your eye on. They are two young men who were born with wrestling in their blood. Good luck at state!!