Ooltewah @ Rhea County

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang! I hate it for the Owls of Ooltewah! But I'm glad they played it a close game! We'd like to have that win, but next week is when it really matters. It's going to be close in this district and region tourney. Central, Ooltewah, Brainerd all will be competing for district crown, and Central, Ooltewah, Brainerd, Bradley, Cleveland, Rhea, and even McMinn Co. will be competing for the region crown! Good luck to everyone, but I hope my Owls can pull it out!

Go Owls! :D

rhea county is the most unsportsmanlike bunch of boys and fans i have ever seen, they are mouthing off at anyone and everyone the whole game(almost cost them the game with a T by cooper in the last few seconds), even to the Ooltewah coaches at half time they were making smart remarks, they would be saying things to the refs and everything, also when an Ooltewah player was fouled hard and was hurt on the ground, the fans behind Ooltewah's bench were laughing at the situation, im sorry that is one of the saddest things a human being can do to laugh at another person on the ground in pain, and a person on rhea county's team(i wont mention his name) ran by an owls player on his shot and slapped him violently in the nuts causing him to go to the ground, he thought this was funny and even cussed at the kid after he did this sayin "yeah thats f'n right," but anyway, about the game, it was a well played game and another barn burner, that is 2 in 2 straight nights for the owls that they have both lost, hopefully they can meet up with these 2 teams again in the region and things will go a little differently

Sounds a little messed up... someone needs to get these refs under control, and remind them that they are screwing with some kids lives when they call a game so unevenly... however i think... coaches whose teams have a tendency to get screwed by the refs should go ahead and get 4 cameras to tape the games from all angles and let the refs know ahead of time that they will be sending the tapes into the head offices, if there is any hint of uneven calls throughout the game... that might just get the refs to actually call a good game

People like to throw that back at you that "oh yeah, the refs lost the game...good excuse for losing" but in some situations, the refs cannot leave without any blame. Ooltewah had a bad experience with a bald ref at Cleveland on Thurs that could be blamed with that loss as evenly as three quick turnovers. The older white ref with glasses at Rhea County officiated the Louden game on Tues night of this past week for the Owl's as well, and called against the Big Red similar to the horrendous calls of the Rhea County game. The Owls held it close, being tied at the half, and had the opportunity to put it away (being down by one at the final minute mark). This was virtually without one of the teams best three-point shooters and playmakers in Michael Newsome (who had two true fouls called upon him, but two that should procure the refs job). It was rediculous how much was allowed by the Rhea County players in their profanity and trash talking, but even further was the profanity allowed by Rhea County's coach. Many of us fans heard the remark from across the gym and the expletive describing one of his players hindeens was clearly discernible. I would bet my life's savings and everything that I own that had Coach Ron Baker said the same word, he would have been T'd up (and by our luck, possibly thrown from the game). Ooltewah has learned to deal with biased officiating, especially in the years that teams have been good. This is the first time, however, that the refs have influenced games without any regard for the consequences. Rhea County is an excellent basketball team...no one is trying to dispute that, but I can guarantee that this game would not have been close had the refs made smart decisions.

StayNSkool, I think it would be nice to tape the games from multiple angles, but with the blatant disregard these officials have already, I have low hopes that such checks and balances would affect them anyway. But, if it keeps if fair for the boys, then it is definitely worth a shot.

Go Owls!

The Big Dawg

Guys i am as big of an Ooltewah fan as all of you, but the refs did not cost us that game. They didnt help any, but we screwed it up for ourselves. He made stupid mistakes in the 4th quarter and shot ourselves in the foot. The refs didnt have any control on the game, that is for sure, but to say that they costed Ooltewah the game is a little over the top. We should be held acountable for our own mistakes, even if Rhea County is a bunch of thugs