Huntingdon Mustangs

mustang69

Giving credit where it is due.

Everybody knows I'm not a Jason Morris fan, but what was done tonight was plain WRONG. Undefeated in regional play,Huntingdon sweeps West Carroll this year. Three big wins and who gets 13A coach of the year? John Stigall??? Head coach of West Carroll??? The only thing I seen him win was the do less with more award. :D Morris deserved the COY award.

And Xavier Webb tourney MVP?? For what? He had maybe 10 points tonight. He's a phenominal talent, but in the last two contests Hillsman has SHUT HIM DOWN.

Hillsman and Chris Donald both deserved the award more than Xavier.

Good win tonight STANGS, keep rolling in the regionals. Everybodies gotta keep focused!!!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agian the announcer clearly said that the MVP would be the last player called and would be named to the all-tournament team and the SEASON mvp and the all-tournament team would be giving on tournament play. Not taking anything from Donald and Hillsman because there great athletics but Webb was clearly the mvp of the season but did struggle in the tourney.

ya'll don't have a clue what you are talking about. The awards were for all-district team based on the season's performance. The coaches nominated and voted on all-distsrict players before the tournament started at their district meeting. The team and MVP was decided before the tournament even started. The coaches also voted on Coach of the Year based on the season's performance.

Balla777....

Thats right, I think Morris leaves alot to be desired as a coach. BUT he did manage to beat WC THREE times this year. I'm not saying he's that great of a coach, just that he deserves COY. What did WC or Stigall do besides get 2nd place in the regular season and Tourney? If you can't see that then I think you are the flaky one. Foshizzle.

Agian the announcer clearly said that the MVP would be the last player called and would be named to the all-tournament team and the SEASON mvp and the all-tournament team would be giving on tournament play. Not taking anything from Donald and Hillsman because there great athletics but Webb was clearly the mvp of the season but did struggle in the tourney.

I guess it's kind of like the heisman trophy. No doubt Webb is the MOST TALENTED player in the district, but was he the most valuable? I'd take Hillsman and his holding Webb to 12 pts a game average in head to head matchups and scoring of about 16 ppts a game myself. I think in the three WC games Chris Donald averaged 22 pts a game. So who was more valuable to their teams? :P

Sorry but you take into account the whole season not just 3 games.

O.K....In the whole season, Webb, Stigall, and West Carroll all came in second place in the district. I really don't see what it matters what was done against Clarksburg, Big Sandy, etc. The only district games that mattered to WC was Huntingdon and vice versa. Both teams could play their 3rd string against anybody else in the district and come out with a win.

first of all i know John personally...but not that it matters...he does deserve the coach of the year award....he had a team that hasnt doesnt much of anything in the past few years...and he turned them around...second Xavier Webb has more talent than anyone in that entire district...third district 13A is like JV basketball compared to other single A districts in west TN...esp district 14A

also the only reason Huntington always has a winning season is because they play a weakbutt schedule every year and they have no one in there district...actually they plain stink

Yeah, they stunk bad enough last year to Beat JCS and take Adamsville to the wire in the regionals. Guess what? Your season ends against West Carroll. Book it. By at least 20 pts.