NCS over Pearl, 67-59

hsfootballfan10

NCS slowed the tempo down for much of the game, with Cam Biggs scoring 20 off the bench. Cam was a one man fast-break at times, showing AAA Pearl his explosion. David Anderson did a tremendous job breaking the press and controlling the game against the much more athletic Firebirds. Anderson was closely guarded by Glisper from the tip-off, but he did not back down. Judging from this game alone, I would consider Anderson a better player than Glisper, but this was just one game. I would just like to see David to get some respect and possibly an offer to play college ball somewhere. Jarrett still looks sluggish, but is continuing to improve. Mathis from Pearl Cohn was excellent, and Pearl dominated the glass. Glisper scored many of his points off free throws and could not get his shot to go down all night. Good Luck to both teams and congratulations to the Seniors from NCS on Senior Night. Hopefully, this will build some momentum for the tournament. NCS hosts White-House Heritage Tuesday for the opening round of the district tourney. GO EAGLES!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belmont, Lipscomb and Trevecca should look long and hard at David Anderson. This kid not only can play, but a good student as well. I've seen Belmont and Lipscomb both play. This boy can play with them.

I agree, Dave accels under pressure and has got to be one of the most efficient Point Guards in the Midstate. He always rises to the occasion and will not back down from anybody. Once Jarrett gets back into shape and into his groove, this team could be scary. The sky is the limit.

Cam is very quick like they said, but i don't know if his ball handling is "silky smooth." David is a great student and runs the point better than about every point I've seen this year (except when i watched Jamont play; he ran a little point). I would love to see him play at the next level, as he is like hsfootballfan stated a very very efficient point guard and over all player. Hopefully this will be a momentum builder.

I think Zach Ferrell is a better point guard than David Anderson and he has been playing really well especially lately in leading CPA to an 11 game win streak. I think he is just quicker and stronger than Anderson even though he doesn't have as much freedom to shoot.

I agree with Big48Eagle... I could spend time arguing why Dave is better, but I don't feel the need to. It's not even close. No offense to Zach because he's a great player