7AA

maddog2020

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big York fan a nd i agree with some of the things everyone had said. Except one and that is tallent York is not overflowing with tallent. And one comment about one or two players doing all the scoring is very true because only josh and derrick are really scoring threats. The other guys are young and very inexperinced alot of those kids have never really played that much. I believe tallent is a major. But i also believe this season is not over York can do some really good things if kids will play there Roles everyone can't be a score they must understand what they bring to the team. Alot of parents don't understand that. They want there child to score 20 a game when the really can't. Let Josh and derick carry the load get what you can from the other let kids learn there Roles on the team and they can still make some noise this year.

Josh and Derrick are not the only veterans on the team and others deserve credit. Travis Duncan is one of the BEST defensive players I've seen play. Granted he has an off night Saturday but it seemed to be that way with all the players. Without his desire and all the heart he puts in the game to get his player pumped up I'm not so sure they would be as motivated as they are sometime. Jordan Clark is also a veteran ball player. Although his talent may not be near that of Josh or Derrick, I think he has pulled through with some major baskets in some important season games and is one of the biggest hustlers on the YAI team. It is an effort of all the players. Everyone knows that in critical situations, there are one or two players on the team that the coach wants to ball in their hands for the last second shot, but it takes the whole team to play 4 quarters of basketball. GOOD LUCK DRAGONS!! The big purple blobs will be there to cheer you on tonight too!!!!!!!!!

I love duncan one of my favorite players on the team. Great kid with alot of heart but i'm saying the talent is not there that coach winningham has had in the past. His first year he had players like Anthony Jones and Scott Cargile the last few years he has had Travis Tate along with Derrick and Josh.

I love duncan one of my favorite players on the team. Great kid with alot of heart but i'm saying the talent is not there that coach winningham has had in the past. His first year he had players like Anthony Jones and Scott Cargile the last few years he has had Travis Tate along with Derrick and Josh.

WOW! Speaking of problems...I just read that York shot 10% the first half. I was there and yes, it was that bad. I think the starters may have had something like 16 points--combined. On a bright note though, number 4 came off the bench and may have had the first double-double of his career, with 10 points and 10 turnovers. ;)

Upperman is good. State champions? Just maybe.

Meanwhile in Smith County, they are planning an upset in the championship game. Hopefully UHS will come out ready to play like they did against York.

1) Upperman

2) Smith County

3) Livingston

4) York

Just my opinion.

MJ22 york relied on derrick and josh to score against Upperman the other night and they produced a big 10 points combined. derrick having all 10 of them and josh having 0. so you can't rely on just 2 players to make the offense. every team has a shooter but when the shooter can't through one in the ocean then he needs to give the ball up. theres more than just derrick and josh on that basketball team. york has serveral players that can play and do. you talk about ppl needing to know the roles on the team. well some say that those 2 are the captains well when things go bad they are the ones that are supposed to step up and do something about it. were was that at against Upperman?