7AA

maddog2020

They lose A BUNCH of seniors. Not a lot of talent though, basically they lose Stevens. The rest are just role players. I don't think they will be great next season, but most teams in the district (except Livingston) are losing a bunch of players. They will at least win more games than they have this year. It was a 2 man team this year and as I stated earlier, I see the same problem next year. Maybe if the coach straightens up and tries controlling his team instead of letting them have free reign they will be a decent team next year. I've been watching them in the district tournament and they don't even run an offensive set. They either 1) Try to get the ball to ledbetter 2) Let Stevens take a wild shot or 3) Let somebody penetrate and kick out for a shot.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acutally nexted year i look for york to have a much better team than this year. they are playing a bunch of ppl and that will help out for the years to come. they will def. play better as a team next year. i think it won't be just a 2 man show. they will work alot better without some of the players the have this year.

I don't know if you've read the first page very much but a lot of what you are looking for is on there.....

This is how I think it will be next year:

Derek Ledbetter - Junior this year. What can you say, everybody knows he's talented and 6'9 is something you can't teach.

Brian Tipton- Sophomore this year. Biggest outside threat. Maybe the best 3-point shooter on the team this year (as far as percentages go). Will take Stevens role as go to outside player.

Both of these are starters this year.

Other likely starters:

Blakely Garrett- Junior this year. Very athletic, good defensive player. Reminds me of Travis Ducan.

Bobby Stockon- Freshman this year. Good shooter.

Brandon Burk- Sophomore this year. Post player. I think he has potential. He's a big boy, looks like he's about 6'4, again you can't teach size. I saw him make 2 good moves against Upperman, but he missed the shot both times. With work he can be good.

As for the rest of the team I don't know, I hear they have a very talented freshmen class this year but I haven't watched any JV games. I've heard good things about Dustin Buck (sophomore) and Daniel Harding (grade??).

Also does anybody know if the Foreign Exchange Student is sticking around for the season next year? From what I understand he's a Junior this year but he can't play next year for some reason. Anybody in the know?

In my opinion, Josh Stephens is one of the most vital parts to York's team this year. Sure, he might of had a couple of bad games, but doesn't everybody. I think everybody needs to back off him and the other seniors and start to support the team and talk about the good things instead of dwelling on the bad. What's done is done and let's look toward the next game instead of the games that have been over with for days. Bottom line.............LET'S SUPPORT OUR TEAM!!!!!!!