Upsets at state?

brothersboy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lomas beating Saint was an upset but in his own words Justin did not wrestle well during state and he was honestly embarrassed by his performance ( which by the way Justin you should never be because you are/were a tremebdous competitor no matter where you finish ). And not in his own words I think that Justin's hurt ankle came into play a lot that match.

I assume you were talking about the finals match. To be honest with you I think Forte was fleeing the mat when he was hit for point before Hooser got the takedown. I never would have expected Hooser to pull it off and I want to congratulate both wrestlers for giving us one of the best matches of the tournament. It is a shame it was the last one and I think some people had stopped watching by then. Also congratulations to MUS on their first state champ.

I was in the arena myself and I had a great vantage point on the match. To be honest I was questioning the positioning for the takedown as well. But as can be seen many places in this forum there are lots of places where the refs make a questionable decision and unfortunately someone has to be on the losing end. Forte will have another chacne right? I am pretty sure he wasn't a senior. I am sure he will prove it all next year.

go back and look at the tape(they televised the matches) nick was clearly out of bounds and the mus kid took him down almost on the concrete of mckinzie anrea

You are right, goodoleboy. Nick Forte was out of bounds, although that does not mean that they were both out of bounds. Hooser was still totally inbounds. Both of his feet were in. That is all that is required. I don't have my rule book in front of me but the rule says that as long as 1 wrestler has his supporting points (feet when standing) inbounds, the wrestlers are considered inbounds. There is even a new picture this year with footprints drawn on the mat to illustrate out of bounds and inbounds. Hooser got the stalling point fairly (Forte had his track shoes on and was running) then kept his head and scored a quick takedown afterward.

BotW,

At the time that all of the controversy occured Hooser was down by two. He came in for a takedown attempt and Forte moved out of bounds very quickly. This caused the ref to give Hooser one point for Forte's fleeing the mat. By the time the ref had his hand up to signal one Hooser was in on a takedown and quickly spun behind Forte who was out of bounds, however Hooser, still being in bounds, recevied the two for the takedown. This occured with less than ten seconds left I believe and resulted in Hooser winning the match. There was then a moment where the assistant ref approached the head ref and they began to discuss something. At that point the crowd erupted yelling that they should not change the score because it was a good call. The head ref stuck by what he had signaled and Hooser was declared the first state champ from MUS. I hope that helps, it was a terribly exciting match that I was glad to get to see.