Greenbrier @ Lipscomb

hsfball

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i play baseball and we are playin at twitty city which i dont think is too far away from dls school so im gonna be there but a little late the student section will be down but im bringing some fans with me so hopefully we can still be loud good luck to all the teams in 8aa and to Hsfball sorry bout those things that were said earlier in another thread my little brother got on here and started to run his mouth so when i saw what he had done i deleted all the posts sorry again. but about the game i do believe it will be another great one and could be like a championship game in the first round but i think my boys from gbt will pull this one out by 1 (hopefully) we will see in less than 24 hours again good luck to both teams.

GO BOBCATS!

No prob Yankees, I prob got a little too heated as well, and I also deleted those posts.

Space O" so humble. I beleive Greenbrier is a very good team don't get me wrong you guys just seem to have there number. To you Greenbrier fans, you have a great coaching staff. The team they put on the floor is really a joy to watch from the first five to their JV team. They play really hard and are fun to watch. Good luck to both teams.

Great game in all aspects. Lipscomb came out strong with shut down defense and a bunch of steals. Lipscomb was also able to knock down the threes tonight with a good percentage. Looked like Greenbrier was about to go on a run in the 4th again but Lipscomb refocused. Very smalll crowd from the DL side, especially students, and even seemed like less parents than usual considering it was district game. Good luck to the Mustangs throughout the rest of the tourney, and especially against Brewer and Portland.

well Greenbrier we didnt pull this one out dl is a team that if you get to far behind, close to the end of the game your chances off winning are slim. We were down by 15 at the end of the 3rd and still battled back to get within 6 but when you have to start fouling a team like dl, they are going to hit there free throws. THe refs were horrible as usual and didnt call alot of fouls that would have sent us to the line, but to the bobcats great season and to everyone else still in the tourney good luck. To dl yall have a good team and a good student section to the "bomb squad" keep up the good work, and maybe if we can get more of our fans into it we will find a little name for ourselves, but with the amount of fans we have we r still louder.

Yanks, you guys were pretty loud, granted you had 15 sets of thunder stix. Hopefully we can get a little louder later on in the tourney in Portland. I think we will really help our players with a lot of enthusiasm.

Congrats to Greenbrier on an excellent season. With only one senior(i think), you guys should be a major contender the next few years at least.

Edited by hsfball

Greenbrier, you guys played good this year. I know some of yall are down b/c you didn't make it in the district. But you never realize how far you've gone till you sit back and think of where you use to be and if yall do that you'll realize yall came a LONG way from last year, going from 3 wins to 13...

Benji-the lone senior. you did great this year man. You're gonna be missed!

David Lipscomb...good luck to yall in the rest of the tourney. I'm looking forward to playing you guys here in the coming month in softball/baseball.

One more thing...I'm glad to see that the Battle of the Student Sections is over. Yeah, the Thunder Sticks did give us an advantage, but you have to admit, even without them we can be loud. I did notice that yall had MEGAPHONES and a DRUM over there, kinda funny...jk, I dont want to start anything. All that matters is that we support our team and both sides are pretty dern good at that. Keep up the good support and I look forward to seeing the bomb squad next year.

Hey Yankees are #1. What was so horrible about the refs at the Lipscomb game? I thought we did a good job of letting both teams play. After the first half, both teams had 8 fouls apiece. Greenbrier came out in the 2nd half, committed some stupid fouls, allowed many open layups, and did not play the quality of defense they normally play. Sure, there was the normal help from the GB coaches, but nothing that warranted a "T". We guys and gals who put on the stripes will NEVER please fans on both sides, but I have worked many a game where both coaches were pleased with the officiating. I enjoy reading the ref bashing posts and even get a kick out of the good natured vocal bashing during the games. I have yet to throw a coach or a fan out of a game and hope I never have to do it either. As others have stated on here many times, you get a totally different perspective when you are the one with the stripes and whistle. The "soccermom" has said she once was a referee, but it was not on the TSSAA high school level. A referee would never bad mouth another official on a website or anywhere else for that matter. We discuss our screwups in meetings and face-to-face. None of us are perfect.