11-AAA Tourney

Izzy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin and Hillsboro aren't the best guranteed. You have to mention Centennial in there. Any of those three can beat each other on any given night. But I guess we will have to see which one of these teams is left standing. Also Hillwood is playing great ball. Coach Gamble has turned things around. Hickman was a very good team and I don't think they were overrated at all. It might seem like that because their fans talked alot of crap, but as far as the team goes, they were actually pretty under rated.

Shaping up to be williamson co. vs. davidson co.

Izzy you may be right. The fans(hickman) were talking a lot of noise. also Centennial is always well coached. Centennial is just hard to figure out. I will say this. All coaches remaining in 11-aaa are better coaches than whats left in 12-aaa. I'm a 12-aaa guy. But I see 11-aaa doing better in the region this yr. 12-aaa has more athletic teams but average coaching. it sets up some interesting matchups.

How bout a Maplewood-Hillwood region game.............

Hillsboro has beaten Glencliff

Franklin beat McGavock already

11-aaa has the edge this yr.

Those are two wins I can think of off the top of my head.

All coaches remaining in 11-aaa are better coaches than whats left in 12-aaa.

Hey CobraFan, I realize that Wright, Bodenhamer, and Simms are young and somewhat inexperienced. (But they did defeat Nollner, Collins, and Mangrum in the first round, all of which have MANY years experience.) Even though you could say that the 11-AAA coaches may have an edge over those young guys, you can't include Stratford's Winrow in this group. He has had 20+ win seasons for 4 years in a row, never finished below 2nd during the regular season in those past 4 years, has been the regional coach-of-the-year twice, lead his team to the final four of the state tourney (and was robbed or they would have been in the finals), and has been selected to coach the Tennessee TACA All-Stars vs. Georgia. Additionally, his players play hard, are tough as nails, and have class. What else does the man have to do? :D

Also, the man that pulled off the big upset in 11-AAA was a 12-AAA coach for 25 years. He was dealt a team with practically nothing and knocked off the Hicks in a hurry.

Furthermore, I predict another 12-AAA sweep next week! 12-AAA has always dominated. Nothing is different with the new breed of coaches. :angry:

congrats to both to coach gamble... he did pull an upset and good luck vs. Centennial tonight.. im going to try to make the game.. it should be a good one.. in the region number 1 from 11-aaa plays number 4 from 12-aaa and so on and so on.. i think that is correct... just making sure if that is right?? where are the regions played this year. i heard Antioch but i dont know if that is right.. good luck to both regions in the semis...