Distric 10A vs. 9A

Guest doubledouble101

FRA can beat CPA. They had the ball and a chance to tie at CPA in the last game. Would I bet on them, no way. CPA is very talented, but FRA has been my sleeper all year. Problem is, they haven't played with any energy. Never underestimate what tournament time can do to a talented team who slept through the season. The energy in the gym is a real lift. If you have ever been to a game at FRA's gym, its a morgue. For what its worth, I like NCS in 10A.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blik is right. At the district tournament 4 years ago (also at FRA), the place got so hot and crowded that it messed with a few teams. Anything can happen. As for 9a vs 10a, 9a should finish CPA,Goodpasture,fra,ezell in that order. if thats the case, then CPA, Goodpasture, fra, and ncs should be the region final four, but I would have picked the same teams last year(10a won all four quarterfinal games). Keep in mind the region is at the 10 site this year.

One intersting thing is that McEwen doesn't really seem to play as well against anybody else as they do NCS. FRA beat McEwen at McEwen a couple of weeks ago with relative ease. NCS had already beaten FRA twice, and I though NCS is the better team. I think whoever plays McEwen in the first round of the region (I suspect it will be FRA or Ezell if things play out like I think) has a better than average chance of beating them. I am also going to go out on a limb and say that CPA gets upset sooner than people think. They are very good, and I don't have any reason to say that other than a gut feeling. If you handle their pressure, they can be beat.

My observations (not that they mean anything):

-- If Puckett is slowed at all, McEwen will have trouble winning in Region BUT home floor does help. Regardless, I don't think they can beat CPA unless CPA plays really bad. NCS has more talent but seems jinxed against McEwen.

-- NCS can win the region if they shoot well which they often do. Biggs is a good player, but CPA's size will be hard for NCS to handle. CPA doesn't seem to play well against NCS, but they are much better at this point than they were when they split with NCS early this year. I believe NCS will win a McEwen rematch. Streaks are made to be broken.

-- There will be some surprises. FRA could be a darkhorse.

-- CPA has a lot of scorers and great defense and a good bench. Those things really help at tourney time.

CPA wants to play McEwen

NCS wants to play CPA

McEwen wants to play NCS

They may all get their wish.

Divpix you always have something to say. what do you think about 9A vs 10A. Also can FRA hang with CPA?

FRA can definitely hang with CPA and win if CPA lets the slow style change their game. CPA likes a fast pace and plays it well. If FRA can frustrate them and force them to rush shots or start throwing up 3's, CPA could be upset - especially on FRA's floor.

CPA tries really hard to always play with class and their coaches stress sportsmanship and Christian witness. However, there is some old "bad blood" with CPA and FRA. CPA can't get caught up in a bunch of mental junk. They are more talented. Just play the game and they will be alright.

The "bad blood" has sorta died off. I wasnt at either game this year, but in years past the games were very clean. It has turned into a mutual respect among the players more than anything else I think, due in large part to two very classy coaches. But I dont know about this year. FRA can win too, but thats just my opinion.

the region is up for grabs, i would have to say that 9A has the upper edge on 10A.

i played for McEwen last year and we were doing great and then one night got beat by Davidson Academy by 38, so who knows what can happen. my favorite for region would be CPA. i say that they have a shot to win state. my boys from McEwen play hard on d and know when to step it up so they will be ready. dunno how far they go. as for ncs,live by the 3, die by the 3, so if they r on for the whole tournament they could win it. (region that is). i will say that if McEwen beats Houston co in the second round in the district they will win there district. we have a harder time beating Houston co for some reason. coach of the year for 10A has to go to phil ross of McEwen, lost 9 seniors and still wins district, (regular season that is )good job coach. none of this is bias, so say whatever u want. didn't have time to give all i think but this is the jist. Daniel Puckett my region mvp.

GOOD LUCK WARRIORS (BRING HOME THE TITLE)

Guest doubledouble101

Is there any new news on Puckett. Is he full strength for the tourney. Or is his ankle still (I believe it was his ankle not positive though)bothering him where it will effect mcwen in the district 10A play?

The straw that stirs the pot is back...Big Eagle and NCS03. (Hines and Travis). The one team evryone is overlooking is the Cougars of Goodpasture. 6'11 and 6'8 doesn't bode well for many teams. Yea, I know CPA beat them twice blah,blah,bla...but the ride to McEwen isn't easy and the curse of the old McEwen gym carrying over to the new one (Legend had it that one goal was shorter than the other and that's why some teams had difficulty playing there.) I believe McEwen and Goodpasture advance to Substate. What do you think Johnny H., I didn't say 9A would sweep.