Best Pitchers in East Tennessee

MCtribe#10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he's not all he's made out to be....let's see, he's already signed with the University of Georgia, had offers from GT, South Carolina, Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee, many others, and had 12 pro scouts to come and watch him pitch against ooltewah...and it's still early in the season! so no, he's not all he's made up to be... :lol:

heres the bottom line on ryan wilkes from chatt. central. last year he gave up one eraned run in 86 innings that comes to an ERA or 0.43. i know that speed isnt everything but i will say that 1 earned run in 86 shows that he has more than just speed. last week he pitched 4 innings and everyone talked about how bad he did. he gave up and astonishing 2 runs (wich for him its unheard of). he struckout 10 and struckout the side three times. thats how good he is....he has a game that would be many peoples highlight game and they say he is slipin.

P.S. for the record.....whoever said he was only clocked at 92 needs to refigure. he was throwin in the mid 90's last week before they took him out...and thats comin from someone that walked straight to the scouts and asked. i dont care who you pull for or who you like....you have to admit....he is awsome. and he hits around .640.

Edited by purplepounderfootball

no he's not all he's made out to be....let's see, he's already signed with the University of Georgia, had offers from GT, South Carolina, Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee, many others, and had 12 pro scouts to come and watch him pitch against ooltewah...and it's still early in the season! so no, he's not all he's made up to be... :lol:

U Wild cuz!

District 3-AAA has a murderers row of pitching in Bowman, Ownby, Lockwood, Larson, and Plumlee. out of them all i'd say the first 3 are the best. Lockwood throws a heavy fastball in the mid to high 80's he also has a curve that's about a 15MPH drop off and as a sophomore that's pretty dang impressive. while bowman is a member of the 90+ club and ownby hits high 80's with a slider, curve, and a very good change up.

yea the shortstop for greenbrier is Barret Brown one of my pretty good friends he can throw the fastball pretty well and has a wicked curve ball he has a nice slider too. Greenbrier has alot of pitching Brown, Norton, Binkley, Dickson, Frey, and some others all throwing in the 80s a pitching staff that should def. be reckoned with!