McMinn County Cherokees

MCtribe#10

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bob took McMinn Lady Cherokees to the state last year for the first time in about 25 years with that Latham girl, and after a lackluster season they are now guaranteed at least 2nd in the district. With the weak region coming up looks like at least another substate opportunity too. They are not a great team, but good enough to go to substate at least.

To the guy who has Cleveland And BC in the region finals, how to you figure. Cleveland will win the district title and BC will be third. That will put them in the same side of the region bracket, thus making a BC-Cleveland final impossible. As for guesswho, when a coach brings a troubled team to the brink of the district title, he has done a wonderful job. As to your comment about the starting five getting last years team to the state, you are correct. A great coach gets a team nowhere by himself, he needs quality players. Yet a good coach gets a good team to the state. Your are a moron who doesn't know what you are talking about.

To the guy who has Cleveland And BC in the region finals, how to you figure. Cleveland will win the district title and BC will be third. That will put them in the same side of the region bracket, thus making a BC-Cleveland final impossible. As for guesswho, when a coach brings a troubled team to the brink of the district title, he has done a wonderful job. As to your comment about the starting five getting last years team to the state, you are correct. A great coach gets a team nowhere by himself, he needs quality players. Yet a good coach gets a good team to the state. Your are a moron who doesn't know what you are talking about.

Nice post! I really can't believe the job that Coach Williams has done this year. I saw McMinn play in Lawerenceburg early in the season and they got killed by Livingston Academy. They have come a long way. District 5-AAA will rule region 3!

Someone mentioned "a troubled program" in an earlier post. That is putting it mildly. The problem fans and parents have with coach Williams is that he might start a player one game and she doesn't even see the floor the next. He sends mixed signals to people when he does this. It makes people think he doesn't know what he is doing. The guy should know the game since he has been around it all his born days. And you can't argue with success. He has brought this team a long way. He is not from Tennessee and he has his ways that rubs some people the wrong way. But for what he has done with this team, losing his point guard early, who was and still may be a bonified college prospect, you can't say he isn't a good coach. Two other starters have had major knee surgery, his star can be as good as anyone in the state when she wants to be, he has a gang of freshman that are still learning the game, an undersized post player, and some of the most ambitious parents of any team around.......I would have to say he has done a pretty good job.

Whoever you are Guesswho???? You are full of crap. I can't believe the job that coach bob has done with these girls. He is also a great teacher and a heck of a friend and a person. I would like to know if Guesswho has ever been a coach or a teacher. I am not talking about pee wee or anything like that I mean having the pressure of the parents and them disecting every move that you make. He did a great job last year and this year he has done a great job. He has had some girls quit before last year and this year not because of him but because they did not want to work at getting better. Some players and parents always think that there kid should just start without proving themselves. The girls that are on the team work their butts off in practice and in the games. There might not be alot of talent there but there is tons of HEART and it starts with Bob Williams.