Last Year

eaglefan8

I'm a senior cheerleader and this is my 10th year cheerleading. I feel like it's my entire life because I spend so much time doing things for it. I won't be cheering in college mainly because I can't tumble. I know I'll be devastated when it's over, but how can I deal with this? I'm thinking about trying to coach an All-Star squad or working in a gym. Any advice?

it is a sad time when you must give up something you have loved and spent alot of time doing. you may not miss it as much as you would think you would once its gone. coaching could be a good idea but would probubly also make you want to be a cheerleader again even more. gool luck and i hope youre life turns out well.

Thanks for the advice Bergil. I am thinking now that I probably won't miss it as bad as I thought I would. Our fans are absoloutely horrible to us....they could care less if we're there or not....so I'm really just fed up with all the dramatics and dynamics that go along with high school cheerleading. We don't get any respect at our school from anyone...that includes teachers, staff, coaches, and students. I love the sport, but I hate most of what goes along with it. I think I'd like to choreograph dances and routines. I do most of the routines that our squad does. I will just have to deal with it all one day at a time. I guess if the opportunity to coach or teach dance classes or gymnastics or something presents itself I'll have to deal with the issue then. But thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...
it is a sad time when you must give up something you have loved and spent alot of time doing. you may not miss it as much as you would think you would once its gone. coaching could be a good idea but would probubly also make you want to be a cheerleader again even more. gool luck and i hope youre life turns out well.

That's what I did. I got into coaching the youth teams. Wasn't quite the same, but it's fun passing on knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you've reached the end of the path. It's your last year to cheer, so you should make the most of it. Give 110% effort all the time, even in practice. Let your love for the sport show through to your fellow cheerleaders so they'll be motivated to do their best. When it's all done, you can look back and see that you gave it everything you had. At this point, I advise you to go on and coach cheerleading and stay close to the younger cheerleaders who will make up the squad at your school once you're gone. Give them something to look up to and give them inspiration even when you're gone. Give the people at your school even more reasons to respect cheerleaders.

• 2 months later...