Lawrence County Lady Cats

wildcat2004

After last night, there has been a lot of negative comments about the Lawrence County Lady Cats basketball program. One loss and they are a district disaster? These ladies are guaranteed at least two more games, two fresh starts to advance in the postseason. So, all I'm askin is that all Lawrence County fans keep it positive...these girls aren't out of it. They need all the support we can give them, they deserve for their fans to be behind them 110%!

So, all that said, Good luck to the Lady Cats as they travel to Coffee County to take on the Lady Lions from Columbia, and in the remainder of the postseason! I'm cheerin 4 yall ALL the way, Lady Cats!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cat's season started off bad but ended 9-3 having lost to Shelbyville twice & once to Columbia. During the district tournament, they lost to Coffee Co. in overtime but came back & defeated Columbia Central. To me that does not sound like a district disaster but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Go Lady Cats!

The Lady Cat's season started off bad but ended 9-3 having lost to Shelbyville twice & once to Columbia. During the district tournament, they lost to Coffee Co. in overtime but came back & defeated Columbia Central. To me that does not sound like a district disaster but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Go Lady Cats!

It's a disaster when your coach is trying to loose. Does he have no pride.

chs4life, this thread was started as a positive one, there is no reason to bring negative comments into it, especially since you aren't a Lawrence County fan. There is already a thread called District Disaster, so why not post in it?

To all my Lady Cats, Keep ya heads up and I'll be cheerin 4 ya! There are a lot of teams that would have loved to be guaranteed one game to play in region tournament!

i am from Coffee County and Lawrence Co. has a great team and they match up very well with most teams..i mean they have 2 GREAT players in the big presence inside with Kristi Spann and a smart and sharp shooter outside with Katie Woods..she is also very good lookin! lol ;) but the game was a very good game with Lawrence Co. and Coffee Co. the other nite Coffee just had 2 home court advantage with the 6th man and all..and also i wasnt 2 much on the poor sportsmanship of Lawrence Co. coach the other night after the game when he took off for the refs i mean it was clear that the last shot was taken well after the buzzer!! but good look 2 both teams!!

Got to disagree with the shot being taken after the buzzer.  Video shows different.

PLEASE!! It is when the Ref called the foul and she missed the shot. If you are right she would have to hit the first free throw miss the second get the rebound and hit a shot with less than a second on the clock. NO WAY!!

Edited by chs4life

ok there has been alot of talk since the game against coffee co about the last sec shot.I was there and i witnessed that the shot was clearly AFTER the buzzer, and even if it was before it, there was no reason what so ever that the coach should go after the refs like that. That was the worst sportsmanship from a coach i have seen all year!!!

I am for Coffee County & agree about the LC coach being upset, but it was heat of the moment so I can understand his gut reaction to the play. The CC fans however have no room to talk about sportsmanship whatsoever!!! I along with others are embarrassed by not only the actions of the fans but also from the lack of couth/class many (not all) of them display. Booing the other teams girls when they receive all district awards & team trophies is just as redneck as you can get. I wish the kids who were tossed out of the Thursday's game for off color comments would be held more responsible by not only the school but their parents. This CC fan is apologetic for many of the fans the other night. Good luck to all teams in the region 4-3A tourney this week.