MLK's Johnny Lee

bigAsports

I am in no way upset with my team. we are having no problems i just see that we should be better than we are. I tell my team exactly what i think. If we are playing bad i will say we are playing bad. Im harder on my team than anyone can imagine because i know we should be better than what we are. Im always trying to improve. As a matter of fact im harder on myself than anything else because i realize that i dotn put forth the effort i should. I guess people on here just look at things different than i do. Im the kind of person that is never satisfied and if i get embarassed in some way i will be the first one to admit it. I am not basking Brewer in any way. He was getting abused by Johnny Lee and he is supposed to just like tennisguy said. He is a 6 foot 8 guard and Johnny is one of the quickest guards i have ever played against. Lee is supposed to be able to get passed him. I like Brewer and i will tell you that he was killin me in the post but he is supposed to hes 6 foot 8 and im 6 foot 1 130 pounds. Brewer is a great player and i would never bash him but i do give credit where credit is due and Friday Lee was abusing Brewer. Thats just how it is i say what i think and i point out the facts. Ill even admit that i have been abused by Johnny Lee a couple times miyself. I have no problem admitting when i get used but i guess that is the problem with all the other people commenting on here. Yall act like Brewer is perfect. You say that he doesnt do anything wrong just because he is going to Florida. that dont mean nothing. If you get abused setp up to the challenge. Dont try to find excuses why he couldnt guard Lee. "He had an off game." That has nothing to do with his defense. Just cause he didnt score how he usually does doesnt mean he doesnt have to play defense. But I hope we do meet again. I like being abused or used it gives me something to strive for next time. And you have never seen Brewer dunk on me and personally i dont think you will. If he tries im gonna jump with him. If he does dunk on me what can i say hes 7 inches taller than me. Wow! But i would be willing to step up to the challenge. But your not gonna see me getting on here crying about why i didnt have a good game or why i had an off shoting day. I accept it how it is. If i got shut down i got shut down. And another thing i would not want people to get on here and make excuses for me not playing good. We play at 5:30.

And just to say it again im not disrespecting Brewer im just givign credit where credit is due. Brewer is still one of the best in the nation but i would be willing to play Portland any time and no matter what i would play as hard as i can.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will read my post, I did not make excuses for Brewer. I never even said he had a bad game, I think that was obvious, you just said it. All I said is that I would love to see Hume-Fogg vs Portland again in the Regional, because if Corey paid attention to this stuff, which he doesn't, he could use your comments as some good bulletin board material. I'm sure that your coach doesn't read these message boards, because if he did he would probably tell you to stop making these crazy posts. As for your self proclaimed, self criticism (I'm harder on myself than anybody blah, blah, blah) You should tell yourself to shut up. At 6'0 and 130 pounds, I think your giving yourself about 15lbs, it wouldn't be hard for someone (the teammates your so hard on or someone your making comments about) to get to get upset off. I've seen you play many times, and really I had a lot of respect for you until I read some of your posts, not just on this thread but on others, and my opinion of you has changed a lot. Apparently you being so hard on your teammates hasn't worked, maybe you should just worry about yourself and let the coach, who I also respected at one time, do the coaching. I guess the coach does not have the type of discipline over the team that I thought he did if he has a player doing the coaching.

And as for your arguement of "Brewer should be able to post me up, he's 6'8, yada, yada, yad" How would you explain the Smith kid dropping bombs over everyone on your team, including yourself. When that happened you didn't exactly start a thread saying, "I couldn't guard Noel Smith." That kid is 5'8 with on a good day and he was shooting over and around you and your teammates, so don't make size an excuse. Lee had a great game but he would not have scored 30 on Brewer if Corey would have guarded him the whole game. Corey would not make excuses about getting beat but he would adjust and not let it happen very often, which it didn't, and Lee did score when Brewer was gaurding him but his shots were harder to come by. So yeah, Corey is 6'8 but he could gaurd Lee if need be, and probably will when these two teams play in the finals of the region, unfortunately I will probably not get to see the Hume-Fogg vs Portland rematch so your last game against Portland and Brewer you and your team came up just a little short.

That took long enough to read!!

Lilal- Bewer only guarded Lee for 5 minutes of the game max! And the only time he scored was over Brewer not around him! Lee was automatic Friday night and he deserves the credit for breaking down Portland as a team. He did not make Brewer look bad! Good luck to you and your team (HF) you might get a chance to prove something against Johnny Lee and Corey Brewer!

Personally I was at the game also and both had times where the made each other look dumb on the offensive in. Alex I know there was one time where Corey almost fell and then hit a 3. Thats the only time I can remember that Johnny literally just blew past Corey. Then after that Corey drove the lane and if he wouldnt have been fouled would have dunked on about 5 people. I can see where both people are coming from but Im with Alex on one thing Johnny shouldve gotten it himself because he literally did everything for his team but hey you got an AllAmerican (which he is very deserving of) on the other team and when youve worked that hard to get an honor like that why shouldnt you get MVP cause youve got everybody else.

Not tryin to talk bad or nothin but i dont really care about how you feel about me. Im not playing basketball for you im playin for myself. And you didnt see me start a thread about him knocking down threes but you also didnt see me say well he didnt knock it down on me. I would tell you he pulled from feet behind the 3 point line and knocked it down in my face. I didnt guard him right and he made me pay. Thats what he is supposed to do. He is supposed to take advantage of the weakness presented and as of right then i wasnt guarding him right so he took advantage of me. Now as for us coming up short against Portland. I dont know where that one came from but we beat Portland every time we played them. They were very close games and down to the wire. And plus you get better as a team by discussing where you fall short so if i dont say anything it would just continue happening dont you think. Corey Brewer being an All American shows that he has strengths and he has many of them but he also has weaknesses. And by yall getting on here and overlooking his weaknesses doesnt not make him look good. But think about this->Basketball is not a one on one thing but it is a team game. If Lee drives past Brewer someones gonna have to pick up Lee which would leave someone else open and that is why Lee had some many dishes. Wouldnt that make sense to you? And you said that he could guard Lee if he had to doesnt that sound a lil funny. So are you saying he can guard him when he wants to. If that is what you are saying you need to think about that. Diss78 if Brewer was doing such a good job on Lee why did he switch off. that doesnt make sense to me. You are shutting somebody down and then for some reason you switch the defender that was doing a great job defending and allow someone else to guard them and let the person score. That also doesnt make sense to me.Can you answer that one aj1133

Renfroe, I never said that Corey shut anybody down. I do however find it humorous that you began your last post by saying, "I only play for myself." That is a pretty selfish comment. You then go on to talk about how basketball is a team sport, which you probably wouldn't care about since you only play for yourself. Let me reiterate a point I made. I DID NOT say Corey shut Lee down, I simply said that he could defend him, and may do that more next time these teams play, I don't know if that will happen or not. I need not bother answering questions "why this or then how come that" you know the answers to those questions right? Your the only player, coach I know in high school basketball, in fact I'm sure you know much more basketball than somebody like coach Kington at Portland. For real, that guy peed more basketball knowledge this moring than you have yet experienced. Why should I be surprised by anything you post, you have proved what kind of person and teammate you are. If you question your own coach and seem to know so much more than he then why wouldn't you question other coaches around the league.

Edited by aj1133

lilal, AJ, come on guys you can go back and forth and pick apart each others posts forever. You both made your point. Lets get back to the topic at hand. Lilal good luck in your game tonight. AJ don't you have some Chemistry labs to grade? LoL!!!

There you go AJ. :justwrestle: Good talking to you last night.

Edited by bigAsports

I dont say i know more than the coaches i was just wondering why he switched if you thought he was doing such a great job. And i only play for myself means that i dont play to make you happy. Its not sayin i am a selfish player because i am far from that. Very far from that. I think you can ask anyone that has ever seen me play if i am a selfish player. I happen to like Coach Kington. We talk ever time we see each other. Im not tryin to tell him how to coach i was just askin you since you know all why he switched Brewer off of Lee. Hes the coach he can do wahtever he wants with his team. I have no problem with that. But that comment was to you not the coach. You sound like you know more than me and Coach Kington put together.