Harriman wins District

gol20tyme

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Harriman. Oneida came out extremely flat in the first half, then just couldn't ever quite get a run going in the second. Every time they made a good defensive stand on one end or scored a basket in another, they either made a crucial mistake or were whistled for a foul (some of which were a bit puzzling, frankly).

I think Oneida did more than simply lose the district tonight. They probably cost themselves a shot at substate. . . Now they fall into the same side of the bracket as Cosby. The way Cosby has been playing, that could be a kiss of death. But, hey, you never know . . . It's tournament time and anything can happen. Maybe the Vespie boys and Andrew Knight will start nailing their threes again and Wartburg can pull a shocker over Cosby.

It'll be another week of interesting basketball.

First off, congrats to Harriman. No excuses, we just didn't play as good as we could have. The refs weren't great for either side last night. Seemed like Harriman couldn't get a call for awhile then when Oneida did started hitting in the fourth that the refs called everything on us. There was one call where Dustin Walker was playing tight D on Miller and Miller elbowed him in the face, accidently, and they called the foul on Dustin. That was one foul i noticed but there were plenty bad ones for both teams. I think the refs for the champ. game were the wrost, I don't think they knew what they were doing. But Harriman did their thing and won.

i have been in many games and seen many games where the refs seem to call for one team in the first half and call for the other team in the second half. i dont know if they do it on purpose or feel bad after the first half of what but that was just something i have noticed.

First off, congrats to Harriman. No excuses, we just didn't play as good as we could have. The refs weren't great for either side last night. Seemed like Harriman couldn't get a call for awhile then when Oneida did started hitting in the fourth that the refs called everything on us. There was one call where Dustin Walker was playing tight D on Miller and Miller elbowed him in the face, accidently, and they called the foul on Dustin. That was one foul i noticed but there were plenty bad ones for both teams. I think the refs for the champ. game were the wrost, I don't think they knew what they were doing. But Harriman did their thing and won.

Refs were bad in every game I saw in the District. Oneida Vs. Rockwood....Wartburg Vs. Rockwood...Oneida Vs. Harriman...was horrible all weekend.