Did Grace celebrate too much after friday's? game

WarEagle15

Finally, i agree with fatchance. They had a reason to celebrate but some people took it too far. A fan stormed the court dove for the center court T and started stomping and hitting it. Then later on a group of students started to rip up Temple posters. And the worst was when the players too busy celebrating to shake hands.

Don't ruin a great victory acting that immature!

Whoa whoa I had no idea Grace took it that far. I wasn't at the game so i had no idea how it went. If Grace was that incosiderate to even go as far as not shaking hands than i feel no sympathy for the criticism. And for all the ripping of the posters and such...there is absolutely nothing i can say for them except I hope you make it no further with an attitude like that. Grow Up!

Edited by Hawk1434

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter if it was for district, region, or state? The Ooltewah fans stormed the court when Sherman Moton busted a last ditch effort shot that won the game against Central at the buzzer. That is the biggest rivalry Ooltewah has, between two of the better teams in that area. Am I mistaken to call Grace and Temple rivals? There is nothing wrong with storming the court...unless you lost and are searching for something to mouth about.

The Big Dawg

Temple-Grace is a huge rivalry and Temple has owned Grace for years. This is a huge win for Grace, a district championship, at Temple, in overtime, who wouldn't celebrate. They lost to Temple twice this year both by Crusader comebacks late in the game. They had every reason to celebrate. If they did some of those other things then it went to far. (but that is a few individuals) We are being a little too hard on a team that has struggled for several years and finally wins a big one.

Both Grace's coaches went to Temple. (another reason)

Despite some students that may have went too far, these institutions have a very friendly relationship.

Any celebration is going to make others feel like crap. Some may have gone to far but the Grace coaches would be all over their players if they did anything out of line.

I wasn't there so I can not speak to specifics.

I was listening to it on the radio and IF I was a Grace fan I would have celebrated in my car. It was exciting!

Edited by mtnman

This is a third-party persective post. I go to McCallie and was only there because my girlfriend wanted to go. I knew it would be a big game and that they were rivals but had no prior opinions whatsoever. I was standing in the Grace section and the fans were definitely pumped up throughout the game and were ready to storm the court at the end of the first 4 quarters. After climbing back into the stands they went down courtside to get ready when it was apparent they had won and then stormed the court at the buzzer gathering at halfcourt jumping and dancing with their players. As i stayed in the bleachers I saw alot. The main thing i saw that could have been terrible was that two of the bench Grace players at one point picked up the ice cooler and were about to drench the coach on the court but he saw them and sternly told them to put it down and not even think about doing that. From what i know it was a big victory for them but from my persective they were on the court a little too long and should have taken notice of the Temple guys standing there patiently waiting to shake hands. Overall i didnt think it was out of hand but i left before any poster tearing or anything. It was definitely a pumped up gym.

Edited by Scarbro22

alright guys....

first of all, this is the first time in a long time we beat Temple and it was an overtime game in the district final!

second, by "ripping up all those posters" you must of meant ripped up one which was done by fans but even then it was a 3 x 3 poster that just said Temple, and that monday our team made posters for every team in the region and took them over to coach wadley at Temple...but it was only last year that some Temple people ripped up posters after a victory over at grace but i guess that was ok since it was Temple that did it...

thirdly, there were people over in the Temple section looking at the grace bench with their hands around their necks yelling choke, this wasnt just students it was some parents so by them saying went to far is kind of hipocritical to me. they would of done the same if they would of won but they were just mad that they lost....if i would of lost i would of been mad too but i dont know if i would of went around looking for excuses to take the loss out of the spotlight.

i know that the grace coaches were not pleased with the action of the fans, but like some of you have been saying, fans are not part of the team. dont judge the team by the actions of the fans and the players never meant to just shrug off the Temple players but it was a huge game. so that is my input but do you really find it necessary to just get on here and bash a team for a dumb celebration that would of been done by the other team anyways?