Marissa Hensley

bob77

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing about her being calm and collected: When she was a fresman, she played on a team that was in the state championship game against Upperman. She was guarding Emily Christian almost the entire game, and did a great job on her. In the 4th quarter when Jackson County was up 3 with under 20 seconds left, Upperman took a shot and missed. Who got the rebound a little skinny freshman, named Marissa. She was fouled and went to the line to ice the game. Went to the line and sank the fist free-throw, missed the second on pupose and the buzzer rang with a heave of a shot from past half court. She did all this without even showing the least bit of nerves of emotions. She was born for the spotlight. ;)

She had a double double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. B)

Edited by bob77

I think that showing emotion is a good thing...IT allows players to express their love for the game and excitement throughout the game..there is not one thing wrong with showing emotion! :huh:

Who said there was anything wrong with showing emotion? It was said that Marissa is not out there to draw attention to herself. She just goes out there and calmly takes care of business. She dosen't geet shook to easy. B)

Why bring that up? Just to put someone else down, I wonder.

I will agree. Hensley really seems to keep her composure on the floor.

Everyone knows who "bigdaddyt" is talking about....Ummmm thats really hard to figure out. All I have to say is that some people never show any emotion like Hensley, and some people well really teams feed off of emotion like Livingston Academy...Katrina Beechboard,Megan Thompson,Kelly Thurman...ect....This doesn't mean that they aren't "CLASSACT'S" they just have a different way of playing the game. Personally I love to see chest bumping and fist pumping emotions!!! Good Luck to the 7AA especially LA!!!

Everyone knows who "bigdaddyt" is talking about....Ummmm thats really hard to figure out. All I have to say is that some people never show any emotion like Hensley, and some people well really teams feed off of emotion like Livingston Academy...Katrina Beechboard,Megan Thompson,Kelly Thurman...ect....This doesn't mean that they aren't "CLASSACT'S" they just have a different way of playing the game. Personally I love to see chest bumping and fist pumping emotions!!! Good Luck to the 7AA especially LA!!!

Please let's drop the whole thing. Nobody needs to bash anyone, even in a roundabout way. Let's congradulate these young ladies for a great season, and all they have acomplished over their carrers.

I for one am for players getting fired up on the floor. Sometimes I think that it will bring a team out of a slump. But let's not get boasting and showing emotion mixed up. I also think there is a fine line between the two. I for one rather a team go out there and play and let there playing speak for its self. But I see nothing wrong with an occasional high five when a good play has happened.

I for one am for players getting fired up on the floor. Sometimes I think that it will bring a team out of a slump. But let's not get boasting and showing emotion mixed up. I also think there is a fine line between the two. I for one rather a team go out there and play and let there playing speak for its self. But I see nothing wrong with an occasional high five when a good play has happened.

I can't believe myself..I finally agree with REDBUD 100%....Was a great post!!

Bob77...I'm not trying to bash anyone, just wanted to make everything clear...Marissa is a awesome player and so is Katrina, they both do what they have to do to get it done!!

You can't be biast just becaus you are a Jackson COunty fan...Have you forgot about Katrina Beechboard? This girl can score at will, she is a team player, but if she wanted to she could take it to the goal every time!!! She is the number player in the state....by far....her and Marrisa are both great players, look for them to mach up team wise in the region finals!

I knew that Marissa was a great player, but I didn't realize she was on the verge of breaking 2,000 points for her career. That's a lot of points. Does that make her the #1 scorer in JCHS history. I know that Andrea Davidson has a bunch. Who are the top scorers in Lady Blue Devil History?

Congrats to Marissa, hope you shatter the 2,000 point barrier. Tech is lucky to have you on their team next year.

kickfor pat i want some of what your smoking!!!!!!!Beechboard is good but i dont think shes the team player hensley is!i hope to see the matchup of livingston and jackson county at jackson county!

If you're going to refer to someone by there name do it correctly the next time. It's not kickfor pat it's "Kick4pat" You my friend are the one that has had to many puffs on that fatty. Marissa is a great player and team player. Where do you get that Katrina isn't a team player. Isn't this site for posting messages not ones that bash other players. Katrina may be the best player in the state, but if she doesn't win Miss AA Basketball it won't blemish her highlighted career. So don't start bashing Katrina.....Plus another rematch between Jackson Co. and Livingston Academy won't happen @ Jackson Co. until next year!!!