Marissa Hensley

bob77

I knew that Marissa was a great player, but I didn't realize she was on the verge of breaking 2,000 points for her career.  That's a lot of points.  Does that make her the #1 scorer in JCHS history.  I know that Andrea Davidson has a bunch.  Who are the top scorers in Lady Blue Devil History? 

Congrats to Marissa, hope you shatter the 2,000 point barrier.  Tech is lucky to have you on their team next year.

Right now Marissa has around 1968. Andrea Davidson is 2nd on the JCHS list with 2006. (She broke 2000 in the state championship game her senior year.) 1st on the list is unreachable at 2574 by Diane Spivey(Gipson). She played in the 3 on 3 era of women's basketball. So if Marissa passes 2006 she will be the highest 5 on 5 scorer in JCHS history. :D

1st- Diane Spivey - 2574

2nd- Andrea Davidson - 2006

3rd - Marissa Hensley

4th - Emily Gribble - 1650 (not exact but around that number)

Edited by bob77

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to clarify my post to some people. I wasn't putting down anyone, just stating a fact about Marissa that stands out to me. The words "I" and "me" are more dominant than ever in sports. I have been around youth sports for over fifteen years and it's great and refreshing to see a top notch player like Marissa act the way she does on and off the court. I hate the way kids act these days on routine plays and on plays that they should make. I didn't post to start trouble, but some people with thin skin apparently thought that I did.

I guess I need to clarify my post to some people. I wasn't putting down anyone, just stating a fact about Marissa that stands out to me. The words "I" and "me" are more dominant than ever in sports. I have been around youth sports for over fifteen years and it's great and refreshing to see a top notch player like Marissa act the way she does on and off the court. I hate the way kids act these days on routine plays and on plays that they should make. I didn't post to start trouble, but some people with thin skin apparently thought that I did.

People that don't know her don't realize how good of a person Marissa is. I have never heard her say a curse word, she is respectful to everyone around her and she is just a likeable person. She also has a big heart, Marissa does not dissapoint anyone that is involved in her life. Like it has been said before she just gets it done on the court, without showing up her opponents. People might think we are trying to say that other people around are those things, but we are just saying that Marissa is that good on and off the court. She is Miss Basketball to me. :D

im not bashing Beechboard she is the second best player in the state by far.she is really good nas she looks good to.she is a real good team player but merissa gets her teamed involved a little more.

At least spell her name right baller... marissa

Edited by bob77

Isn't this about enough of one over the other. Of course, the majority of LA fans think that Beehboard should win the award, and the majority of JC fans think that Hensley should win.

In a couple of weeks, won't it be nice to say that we were able to sit in the stands and watch these two outstanding LADIES at their best.

Lets all be more positive and more supportive. At best, they only have a few games left and then they'll both be missed tremendously.