Alcoa vs. OS

accarp2614

ACCARP, Gonna go with OS in this one. I've seen both teams play several times, and just don't think Alcoa has enough. From what I've seen this year its OS and Seymour in the region, then evryone else. OS or Seymour are 20 pts better than any other team. That being said, I think that OS is gonna have to control the boards like they have been. I know OS isn't looking past Aloca, so i don't expect anything different than the AE game. I also think a lot depends on how #15 is for Alcoa. Early in the year, I saw them play and she shot a lot of 3's. The last time i watched them play, she only shot once for the game. Heard she was hurt, but if she's hitting shots, Alcoa's a lot better team. My prediction: OS by 15 at half, slowing it down in the second half to finish ahead by 23.

Good Luck Lady Bobcats...

After watching last night's games, OS really took it to Austin East in the 2nd quarter last night. Hall showed why she is possibly the best guard in the state, by scoring 15 points during that period as a close game became 15-17 cushion for the Lady Cats in a fast paced first half.

Of Course, OS didn't play the entire game this way and conserved energy for Alcoa and possibly eyeying a Rematch with Seymour.

Alcoa has three players averaging 14 pts per game or higher ( 2 averging 17 pts and 18 pts) so, this triple threat should pose a threat to the Lady Bobcats.

However, once the high octance up and down pressing game of Oliver Springs get into effect ( look for it to happen in 2nd Qtr), the same result should happen again with OS opening a 10-120 point lead before halftime.

OS 71 Aloca 47

Kara Harris is one of the quickest guards you will find with the ball. She can also shoot the 3 and is almost automatic at the free throw line. Whitney Anthony is a very good offensive rebounder, not to mention very rough. 15 also plays rough and can shoot the 3, she does have a shoulder injury. You will notice she plays point on offense and is a very good passer at times. Laura should eat her up on defense. #23 is very quick and loves to penetrate. You can draw charges on her though and she has a tendancy to get frustrated. I don't think OS will have trouble simply because of their experience and they have the leadership Alcoa doesn't.