Long Jump Question

Rahobk

Im a guy and I did it at the end of practice. Its a lot harder than it looks. Any type of tips would be appreciated but also Peacemaker we did have a girl that got 17'6'' also and this was her first time. (She jumped from the girls' line). But thanks for your support and Ill let you know how im doin as the season progresses.

Im a guy and I did it at the end of practice. Its a lot harder than it looks. Any type of tips would be appreciated but also Peacemaker we did have a girl that got 17'6'' also and this was her first time. (She jumped from the girls' line). But thanks for your support and Ill let you know how im doin as the season progresses.

Excuse me, but I have been attending track meets for 35 years, and guess I have not been paying attention. What is the "girl's line" in the long jump?

Guest PASSINGGAME1

It is actually the line for both, but some guys might jump out of the pit, so they use a different line. Although they must declare it before they jump.

It is actually the line for both, but some guys might jump out of the pit, so they use a different line. Although they must declare it before they jump.

Thanks. I don't think I've noticed that. I know there is obviously a different line for triple jump, but I guess most of the pits I've seen are big enough to have only one line for the LJ takeoff.