WILL CA WIN 10 GAMES?

summertown-rules

I think everyone is missing my point. CA and MP are good at best average teams. I never said their players or bad. They are only average,not great. My point is you get better by playing better teams, not weak teams. By the way MP and maybe CA are lager schools than BGA and Brentwood Aac. Lawburg is not that good of a 3A school this year. The way you can judge how good your program is the number of players you have playing at the next level. I know CA and MP have had very good records the last few years, but please tell me the number of players at the next level they have playing. Do you think college coachs dont know talent when they see it. I think that both CA and MP might have one player on each team this year that might make it to the next level next year. Central on the other hand, also not a great 3A school, might have 3 players that will go to the next level. SH which is even a weaker 3A school might have 2 players that will play at the next level. A for as the good players in 1A bb when it is time for summer ball find you a good league to play in. Their are some very good summer ball programs in the Nashville area. Dont think American Legion ball will improve your skills. American Legion ball has become very weak in the last few years.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Matt, I thought this was a site where you could post your opinion. I know you and your team mates do not like what I have posted. I have not said you your bad on average. By the way how is your season going. Have you got to pitch any yet? I hope you have a good season. I have been checking this site and I wan wrong about MP beening larger than BGA and BA. They are about the same size. FRA. Davison Aca. are also about the same size as CA and MP. Play these type of 1A school if want to improve your program. You see I can say I was wrong. Now can you.

I am going to have to take up for my fellow 1A schools here. Friendship is 1A just like Mt. Pleasant and CA and I can't speak for them and their scheduleing, but we play everyone from Private league to AAA. We have played and beaten in the last several years Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, Wilson Central, Gallatin, Beech, LaVergne, Warren Co., Lincoln Co., McMinn Co., East Ridge, Bradley Central, Red Bank, Brentwood Ac., McCallie, Baylor, Notre Dame, Cumberland Co., White Co., Clarksville NE, White House, etc... I have to stop because this is getting reduntant. But, CA and Mt. Pleasant have had teams every bit as good as these teams, which I know because we have played them. 1A or AAA, baseball is just that and there are some 1A programs that can compete with any team in the state, and CA and Mt. Pleasant are perfect examples of such programs.

Edited by orangecrush

All-Time CA Team

Head Coach- Lee Hayes

Assist. Coach- John Kodatt

Rotation

#1- Richie Estep

#2- Keith Norman

#3- Clint Holloway

#4- Josh Kempfer

#5- Jon Roberts

Line-UP

Tyler Boshers- DH

Kelly Bratton- SS

Richie Estep- P

Pernell Knox- 1B

Clint Holloway- 3B

Andy Stephens- LF

Jed Douglas- 2B

Adam Anderson- CF

Chad Estep- C

Drew Earl- RF

Bench

Drew Love

Billy Thurman

Brian Fann

Brian Fuller

Nathan McBroom

Jason Delk

John Thomas

Thats a pretty good list there TRL. Glad you threw my boy Jon Roberts on there. You must be young though because you left out some "older" guys like Rick Whitley and Richard Farris. Kevin Hedrick had a nice game also. Ted Johnson was another tough pitcher you might could add.

Mt.Pleasant beat Franklin co. last night 5-4. I guess FC is another of watchdog's weak AAA teams. Watch dog seems to be an expert on weak doesn't he. Mp went through three games yesterday using soph. and jr. pitchers with the exception of 1 inning by Roberts and 1 and a half by Tuten. Real good job by Angel agianest Hardin co. Mp has 2 big district games mon and tues so they did not want to use up any pitching if they could help it. GO TIGERS!!!

Watchdog has been wrong before. I will come on here and say I was wrong as soon as MP and CA start to beat teams from the Williamson/Davison Co. area. I have looked at your schedule and I dont see any of these teams on it. I still say MP will sweep CA in their 2 meeting this year. MP is the team to beat in 12A ball this year. I know that CA does not want to here this, but CA will finish second in thie district this year. I think the topic of this subject was will CA win 20 this year. YES. One other point and I will close I have looked at this district and I can only find 2 players that are playing at the next level. I could be wrong. Let me know if I am. I am sure you will. MP or CA do you have any at this time. The only 3 players that I know of from CA "great team" of last year are: Anderson did not make the team at Lpscomb, Love at Lipscomb did not make the team, Kempfer at Columbia State did not make the team and is no longer in school, and MP I know of no players that try out for the net level. CA and MP fans let me here from you.

The topic of the thread was will ca win 10 games? not 20.

watchdog are you only interested in players from last years teams going to the next level or are you talking about players from any years? Did MP have any seniors from last years team?

Did Drew Love try out for Lipscomb?

watchdog what school do you attend? Since your trashing on MP and CA so much maybe we could review your schools past history and see how many players are at the next level.